close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

wtb G17 red gun

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by fatdog, Oct 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. fatdog

fatdog

Looking for the non-firing factory version, red frame 17T

2. jeremy54b

jeremy54b Merely Here...

If Glock still does what they used to, those 17Ts and the Simunitions blue Glocks, are both individually registered to the agency. It used to be, and correct me if I am mistaken or wrong, that you had to be an agency to aqcuire them. You might try Streichers.com or TacticalShop.com...otherwise Glock used to sell them direct.

3. fatdog

fatdog

I am quite certain what jeremy54b says is true. There is zero chance of a civilian aquiring them from Glock or their authorized distributors. Hoping somebody somewhere has a used one for sale.

4. fuchikoma

fuchikoma

...though I think for a little extra cash, you can get Glock to make a non-firing cut-away gun for you. So I've heard anyway.

5. jgladieux

jgladieux Sniper Kitty

6. fatdog

fatdog

Many thanks, I need to pay more attention to Gunbroker and Auction Arms in this quest.

I am going to write to that seller to see, but, I fear that the late 80's models did not have the perpetual trigger reset feature which is why I want the red one in the first place. I was also need to find a 3rd generation frame version.

7. kend

kend

IF you get the opportunity to pick one up be sure it's the 17 version and not the 22, the 22 does not have the trigger reset feature as the 17 does. Why they make them different is beyond me. I have both the 17 and 22 and that is the only difference. These are a real pita to get for a civillian, I had to use up a lot of points and they still cost 500 each but when I'm told I can't have something...