close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Full Size 1911

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by April, Mar 11, 2006.

1. April

April Lifetime Member

Inexpensive would be the keyword. :)

New or used in good condition. Blue, parkerized or stainless. Brand is not specific but this is a gift so I want something worth having. $350 is my realistic cap for this.

Anybody got one they wanna sell or have a bead on one for me?

PM or Email me with anything ya might have.

Thanks! ;f

2. April

April Lifetime Member

35 views.. no resonse...

I take it that no one has anything, then?

3. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

Try a wholesaler out of South Carolina, Neal Seaman.

www.deadbangguns.com

He can get you almost anything. His policy is: 5% over wholesale + shipping from his distributor + shipping to you THAT IS IT!

Also if he does not have what you want on his website, call him! Always professional and friendly!

As far as your inexpensive 1911, try a Springfield Armory mil spec 1911 or *SHUTTER* a rock island armory 1911.

Just my .02

4. mr.rocket

mr.rocket

5. OJ

OJ Deceased Millennium Member

Limiting your price to $350 will probably get you a $350 gun. I believe it is better to bite the bullet (pun intended) and pay enough to get a quality gun that will probably last you a lifetime and be totally reliable for such things as personal defense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raise your range to $700 - $900 class and it won't be wasted on cheap unreliable guns. Check Guns America for price ranges.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/

:laughabove: :laughabove:

6. spober

spober

i dig the wooden stocks!who,what ,were and how much?

7. OJ

OJ Deceased Millennium Member

It is a Colt's MKIV/Series 70 Government Model - one I had been hoping to find - and I lucked out. Cal Thomas at the local "Shootin Den" - I've bought many guns there over the last 20 years and always been treated right - Just happened to have this one in the case when I visited a couple of months ago. It apparently was part of an estate and was, essentially "new in box, unfired, with manual". It had probably been fired only a few times - was tight - and looked new. The good news was the price - $850.00.

It shoots as good as it looks. The trigger is as crisp and smooth as that on my 1957 Python - known for a great trigger action. The only modification I've made is installing a Wolff extra strength firing pin spring - the firing pin stop plate dropped down and caused stoppage a couple of times. It was a less than $10.00 improvement but cured the problem.

I guess it was just my day! You know the saying - some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant. It was my day to be the dog.:)

:laughabove: :laughabove: