close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

-WTB- El Paso Saddlery 1911 shoulder rig

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by 12421, Oct 26, 2006.

1. 12421

I know it's a real long shot but here's what I'm looking for. I have a El Paso Saddlery shoulder rig for a 1911. It's been long discontinued (I got it used in 1990!) and it broke on me. I only need the holster itself and not the straps or mag holders. It's a darkish(?) brown and is right handed. I hate to throw it away but it costs WAY too much to have it repaired. I would be interested in trading some of the holsters I have listed on here if there's anything you would need (see http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=607943 ) I'm including a pic so you can see what I'm looking for.
    Thanks in advance.

2. jonathon

jonathon Bowtie Freak

What are they asking to have it repaired?

If you have a cobbler or saddle/tack place near by that you know does good work, I'd take it there and see if they can stitch it back up. Might not match color wise or be the prettiest, but it'll work(and probably hold up better than the original). Shouldn't cost more than $20 to get it fixed.

3. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

Good post...Beat me to it...

A leather shop could have that fixed for you in no time...

DD~

4. 12421

Thanks guys but I've been down that route already. Everyone that I've talked to so far have either told me that to tear it apart and fix it correctly would be more like $40. They say they can't do (like I thought they would/could) and just put it in place and stitch it because they're needles and/or machines aren't strong enough to go through something that thick because of how/where it's located. They said that they would have to rip the stitching out, split it in half and put it back together again. I had one guy at a gunshow that basically was telling me that he could take it back to his shop then ship it to me. He couldn't really give me an accurate estimate on the price so I would have to wait til he's done, call him with a credit card or mail him a MO and hope I liked his price. Maybe none of them really want to fool with it of I haven't found a guy with the right equipment. I've also checked with El Paso and they have, of course, discontinued this model years ago. That brings me to where I'm at now. I figured I'd post on here and see if I got lucky but wasn't really expecting it.
    ((Hey, we all have weird stuff laying around that we don't ever think of til we see a post or something on tv so it COULD happen. haha.))
    At any rate, there's only so much effort I was planning on putting into this thing but will leave it laying around for awhile in case I do get lucky and stumble across one somewhere. I'm 1911-less at the moment but Dad could use it for one of his.
    Thanks again for suggestion...........

5. DoubleDog

DoubleDog Grrrrr.....

Bummer!

DD~

6. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

Run down member Glocktalk member "Reconvic." If I remember correctly (from a different forum) he has a friend who custom makes holsters for reasonable rates. If it is that far out of production, won't matter if he duplicates it.

7. 12421

I've contacted Leathernut (I posted this ad in the wanted section too) about possibly repairing it. I sent him some more pics I was wanting to basically keep it the same and matching. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just go ahead and buy a used Galco holster and hang it on my straps. This whole thing kinda started as a Hail Mary pass so I wouldn't throw it away anyway. haha. Thanks for the suggestion Retread, it's appreciated.