close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: ceramic pie plate (yes, there's a story behind it)

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by MB-G26, Apr 24, 2006.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Flash backward to a couple three months ago.
    I'm cooking in an then-yet unfamiliar kitchen.
    I preheat the oven in prep for insertion of yummy stuff.
    Like a moron, it doesn't occur to me that some people who don't use their oven much often DO use it for storage of not often used cookware, etc.

So..... I manage to preheat a stack of long-held and favorite bakeware dishes, namely: one somewhat antique true (old style) ceramic pie plate/dish (like you'd make cherry, apple, etc., pie in, crust and the whole nine yards).

Upon detection of odd smells and observation of the 'oh NO' expression of the oven' owner - I open it up and remove what I didn't realize was there. Almost upon temperature change, the FAVORITE old-time ceramic pie-baking dish splits into pieces. It even had a crust recipie underneath the clear coat :(

So....... anybody got a not-often-used-willing-to-part-with old-time kind of ceramic pie dish they'd let me buy from them & pay shipping? I've been trolling the local 2nd hand stores, ebay, and online baking supply sites - but to no avail.

It was solid ceramic and opaque (vs. pyrex-type modern glass or whatnot). Recipie is reportedly optional - but I still feel like a ditzarse for rendering into sharp, pointy shards :( :shame: Even tho the oven's owner was most generous about my f-up, it is still on my mental list of 'things to put right'.

So........ anybody?
    Thanks!

(Didn't post this in the 'want/offered' ads section of GT since it is about as far from a 'gun related' item as one can get)

2. MB-G26

Thanks! For some reason I wasn't having any luck getting ebay search to 'work right'. There's a couple there that kinda look like the genre of what I broke...... appreciate it!
    m

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

Glad things might work out, Mel!

4. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

I don't own a ceramic one, but I do own one by Pampered Chef that's "StoneWear". It's got to be similar.

Their stuff is pricey but well worth it. Lucky for me, a lot of mine was free.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mel, check yard sales, Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity shops, Salvation Army, thrift shops, antique stores, anywhere that deals in second hand stuff locally.

6. MB-G26

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROYAL-CHINA-PIE...274098685QQcategoryZ29803QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Looks as much like it as I can remember - but I blew the auction deadline on this one. It was in Phx - so maybe I could even have picked it up or at the very least, been charged minimal shipping.

Darn..... had too much going and didn't get a bid in.

There are several of the same plate listed, but 99% are 'ebay store' items and the darn shipping comes out to more $ than the cost of the plate itself. *sigh*

Guess I'll just keep looking there every few days - and check my closest local resale shops when I get the chances.

Rats.
    m