close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Body armor

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by mastery, Feb 20, 2006.

1. mastery

mastery

I have a friend that is going to serve overseas and is leaving in about five weeks. He is not going to be issued body armor from his understanding, and has asked all of us to find him something before he leaves.

So, looking for body armor. Not sure of sizes, but he's about 200 pounds, and 5'11" or so; and wears a L or XL shirt and size 34 jeans if that helps.

Since he will be exposed to more than just handguns, I'd like to find him a Level 3 or better setup.

It's the least we can do for somebody serving for our country. Can anybody help? What do you have, and how much?

I am going on vacation tomorrow for a week and won't have access to the Internet where I am going, so would appreciate if you can bump this thread to the top for me until I get back. I'll gladly respond to emails or PMs upon my return. Thanks for your help!

2. whiskerz

whiskerz

Here is a bump. I wish him good luck ;f

3. B_Easy

B_Easy

If you want level III or level IV, you're looking at rifle plates, with probably a IIIa supporting.

If you want level III all around, you can get the SOV from Pinnacle body armor, but they really aren't cheap.

It depends how much you have to spend.

If he's in the US military, then I'd say buy some steel plates until you get ceramics. If he's a contractor, i'd say splurge and get the SOV, because his first paycheck will be able to pay for 5 more sets.

Wish him luck.

www.bulletproofme.com sells plates and vests, including concealable vests and OTV's like the interceptor. They sell an interceptor-style vest with MOLLE rigs called the Turtle OTV. Might be a bit oversized though, and you'll still need rifle plates.

Pinnacle's website is http://www.pinnaclearmor.com/body-armor/sov.php

4. mastery

mastery

Thanks for the bumps!

Still looking...thanks!