close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB Beretta 92

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by AZ Gunner, May 21, 2002.

1. AZ Gunner

AZ Gunner

I'm looking to buy a very good condition, used Beretta 92.
    Model F, FS, G etc not that important. It is a first Beretta so
    I'm not all that familiar with the differences. I just want a
    good, clean, cheap one to get familiar with. Two things that I
    know that I do NOT want are, 92D and front sight molded into frame
    (must be able to change front sight). Stainless and high caps are
    preferred, but I realize that they contradict the "cheap" preference.
    Email what you have with price and pic

Thanks

2. Glock23carry

Glock23carry 308 is great

Did you ever find a Beretta?

Check out my auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6383395

3 hi-cap mags. It qualifies as pre-ban too.

3. Ghost Shooter

Ghost Shooter Who? Me?

AZ Gunner, just a couple of points to consider: a stainless 92FS is just a silver finished frame/slide gun with a stainless barrel. The stainless barrel is good for longevity and easier to clean, but other than that, there is no difference between the "Brunitron" (blued) and the "Inox" (stainess) other than frame color, since the frame and slide is made of aluminum (the "" denote what Beretta calls them). Most of the 92's have non-removable front sights, only a few of the 92 line actually have removable sights (I think the Brigadier and the Centurion). However, the front sights are pretty good, so unless you really have a burning need to change the front sight, it shouldn't be a problem (but.....if you want night sights installed, you have to send the slide to either the night sight manufacturer, or to a gunsmith since they have to drill out the center). Also, if you are looking for good mags (and they are hard to come by these days), go to the gunshows and look for pre-ban USGI M9 magazines. These are exactly the same thing as the OEM Beretta pre-ban's, except its finished with DFL for the military. As long as they do not have a date stamp on then, they are ok to buy/own. From what I have seen, the USGI's usually run a little cheaper than the pre-bans (I bought a pair of USGI's for $40 each, but a good condition pre-ban will run ~$75). A good price for a used, good condition 92 should run ~$400 (it does in GA). Hope this helps.

Ghost