close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB 2nd Gen G22 in VA,NC, or SC

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by glklvr, May 24, 2002.

1. glklvr

glklvr

Np longer "need" a G22:)

2. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

im no attorney,

but as i understand it you cant legally go to another state and purchase a handgun and then transport it back to your home state

i think that any handguns you purchase from sc or va the seller would have to have it shipped to a nc ffl holder who would then transfer it to you

i would suggest you contact your local (charlotte i think) atf office for clarification

3. glklvr

glklvr

Thanks, but actually I have researched this and, at least as far as NC and VA laws are concerned, it is legal for a person to go into the adjacent state and purchase firearms from private sellers.

Specifically, NC allows purchases of long guns in NC from citizens of adjacent states (SC, GA, VA, TN) and VA only requires dealers to sell to citizens of VA. There is no law either way on the purchase of firearms from private sellers in VA to citizens of another state.

I threw SC in there cuz I travel down occasionally.:)

4. Gee23

Gee23 Millennium Member

If you change your mind, concerning the state limitations, one of the local gun shops has two factory rebuilt G22s. They each have two hi-caps and are priced at $470. I'd be glad to provide their phone number.