Glock Talk banner

wrong gun shipped to me

4610 Views 41 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  133124
Ordered an AR from buds gun shop and they sent the wrong one. I had plans to shoot it with friends tomorrow so obviously I am not happy.

I have not transferred it to my name as my FFL informed me they got the wrong gun. I am going to call buds tomorrow and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else at buds or another site? What did they do to fix it? If you had it happen with buds do they have good customer service or am I gonna be talking to people who could care less?

Anything else I should consider? This is my first online order and I have paid for the gun (obviously)

Thanks
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
45,276 Posts
It'll be OK. You can't afford to shoot a full auto anyway.

· Registered
28,314 Posts
My experience with Buds has been mostly good -

Is the gun they sent you totally different than what you ordered or just the wrong model or what?

Maybe they would give you a great deal on it -

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
I've been hearing some negative feedback on Bud's lately on this forum. Only issue I have with Bud's is that they are slow to ship. Since you didn't do the transfer it should be easy enough to get Bud's to send a shipping label to your FFL dealer and get the gun back to them, pronto.

· Registered
9,061 Posts
I've seen Bud's pull the bait and switch several times lately. They claim a gun is in stock, you order it, and get a message that it is backordered, but they have similar models available for immediate delivery. No thanks.

· Registered
28,314 Posts
I've been hearing some negative feedback on Bud's lately on this forum. Only issue I have with Bud's is that they are slow to ship. Since you didn't do the transfer it should be easy enough to get Bud's to send a shipping label to your FFL dealer and get the gun back to them, pronto.

They take FOREVER to accept your payment.

I did the electronic transfer option - I ordered the gun on Friday night - the payment cleared my bank the next Monday - they waited a full week before they shipped the gun claiming they were waiting for payment.

So if I want a good deal and am willing to wait a couple weeks - I will consider ordering from Buds

IIRC my last order - a Remington Versa Max tactical was $995 + $20 FFL fee before $100 rebate - the best deal I could find locally - including taxes was a little over $1,400.

So I saved $385. I am willing to suffer the extra 2 weeks to save that much.

If the difference is $50 -$75 I would just buy it locally.

· Registered
466 Posts
I am local to Bud's but I don't buy a lot there. I can almost always find what I'm looking for cheaper somewhere else, plus I have to pay sales tax if I buy from Bud's. I have a local guy that does transfers for $15 (will do 2 guns at that price so I often get 2 at a time) and that is usually much cheaper than the tax. As an example I was recently looking at a pistol that is a "discontinued" model. At Bud's the price is $699. I found the same gun "on sale" at another dealer for $549. I do go to Bud's to use their range. In fact I will be taking my new pistol there to shoot today! I always browse their used guns while there but the prices always seem a bit on the high side.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My experience with Buds has been mostly good -

Is the gun they sent you totally different than what you ordered or just the wrong model or what?

Maybe they would give you a great deal on it -
They sent me a different edition of the rifle I wanted. Got the california edition with the bullet button and what not for it to be legal in cali. I am not from there.

I dont really care about getting some huge discount but overnight shipping and an extra mag for the wait or something would make it better

· Banned
63,200 Posts
I always browse their used guns while there but the prices always seem a bit on the high side.
They don't negotiate?

Anyway, used guns is a great cash cow for a gun shop. Everybody pretty much knows what the dealer prices and markups are for a brand new gun. However, when it comes to used guns...who knows how much the gun shop had paid for them?

· Registered
28,314 Posts
They sent me a different edition of the rifle I wanted. Got the california edition with the bullet button and what not for it to be legal in cali. I am not from there.

I dont really care about getting some huge discount but overnight shipping and an extra mag for the wait or something would make it better

I wouldn't want that guy either -

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.