close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wrestlemania

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rolltide_pisco, Apr 1, 2012.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

Someone told me that was on ppv tonight. As a former wrestling fan of 20+years I can't believe I didn't know that.

Anyone brave enough as me to admit if they were a wrestling fan to?

2. Altaris

Altaris

I haven't watched a single minute of it in about 8 or so years. Before that(when I live elsewhere) the Buffalo Wild Wings two blocks from me used to show all of the pay per views. I would go there for every single one, and enjoy the packed, fun, atmosphere there.

3. Roger1079

Roger1079

Just got home from it. I haven't watched it on TV in years, but when the big events come to town, I usually go if I can. I used to be a huge fan as a kid, but most of that appeal wore off when I learned it was all scripted. Now it's just more of something to go to if it is local and live.

4. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

i can honestly say i never watched any of it . i mean different strokes for different folks and all that . i always thought it was ghey , not like anything is wrong with that

5. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I used to watch it when I was a kid. Seems like Bruno Sammartino and Gorilla Monsoon were on Pittsburgh Studio Wrestling every Saturday evening.

Friend of mine actually went to one of the shows and got Monsoon's "autograph" which was a big "X" because, of course, the giant wrestler was illiterate.

Later we were kind of shocked when we found out he was from New Jersey, not Manchuria, and had graduated from Ithaca College :)

6. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Patron Life Member

I've been to 2 live wrestling shows in my life. First was a WCW house show at the Show-Me Center in Cape Girardeau, MO in 1989. Second was a WWE RAW house show in Evansville, IN in 2005. In those two different eras, Ric Flair was in both main events.

FWIW, I got a picture at the '05 show of Chris Benoit two years before he snapped and killed himself, his wife and his son. Kinda messed up thinking about it now

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I believe in the heyday of the late 80's, they used my high school's football field for one. ?????? Maybe it was a tour or something. But the big stars (Hulk Hogan, etc.,) were all there.

8. Keyhole

Keyhole

Yeah, back in middle and high school. There were tons of live events in Chicago.

9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Wrestlemania, ah the good old days.

:50cal:

10. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

It's the worlds worst entertainment in history:dunno: