close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wow - What if Mitt Romney is one of the Americans who didn't pay any tax?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Louisville Glocker, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

The funny thought just hit me. What irony it would be. As he rails against the people not paying any income tax, what if he himself is one of them. Of course, we don't get to know, because he is being secretive and refusing to disclose anything past his most recent two filings. But wow. What if he had a year of no income taxes? Of course, that is the goal of his accountants, to minimize taxes. And I'm sure he'd high five them (if he does that) or at least give them a bonus. But then wouldn't he himself be one of the ones he's characterizing as "dependent?" He'd be speaking about himself when he says “I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me. Look at the Republicans who are closet gays, preaching and legislating against gay rights up to the day the get busted in the bathroom stall having gay sex. The hypocrisy of it.

Just a thought....ha! (not saying it is the case, but it is certainly quite plausible. And if so, you can bet those tax filings will never ever see the light of day)...

Note: as an entrepreneur who took some serious business losses during the recession, I used those losses against my income in following years and had a year or two with no income tax paid. That was BECAUSE I'm a small business owner putting everything on the line and taking huge risks. You win some, you lose some. It is insulting to me to say I am someone who'll never take personal responsibility for my life. I work my ass off. I've worked more than my share of 80 hour weeks as a business owner. Pisses me off to badmouth good people like that. (as well as the seniors, working poor, etc)

2. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

i figured you were more in tune than this.

romney is running for president. if he hadn't been paying taxes, he would be playing russian roulette.

even the liberal rag new york times said he had payed taxes.

so, is it not in touch, or agenda?

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    Then yet another of the 47% will be voting for Romney!
    :elephant:

4. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

I'm not saying it is the case, just think it would be tremendously funny if it were the case.

I've wondered why he won't release his taxes. I mean, what is he hiding? But if he actually paid NONE, that would be true irony.

Again, I've got no idea if it is true. I'm probably voting Romney (though in KY it doesn't matter, because he'll win by a blowout).

5. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

OP should probably stick to making YouTube vids.

6. Powder

Powder

It is more likely that Hussein Obama is from Africa than it is for Romney not paying taxes......

7. edporch

edporch

If Romney broke the tax laws, the IRS would be coming down on him for sure.

I don't care how much or how little tax he paid if he followed the law.

I've never been one to be jealous of somebody because they have more money than I do.

8. Red Stick

Red Stick

Does anyone here think he, or anyone, should pay more than required by law?

9. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

"You didn't build that."

10. devildog2067

devildog2067

Romney did too. He was a founding employee of Bain & Co (the consulting firm) and a founding partner of Bain Capital. The man put in two solid decades of 80 hour weeks.

Again--Romney was too. Before Bain was a big business, it was a small business, and he was an equity partner in both. It was his money on the line and he was risking it.

11. Glotin

Glotin

Uh... what?

Do you not know the definition of dependent?

Mitt Romney doesn't get any form of aid from the government.

He is wealthy because he was extremely successful at buying failing businesses, turning them around and making them more profitable. He did all of that himself, while being extremely active in his church. No one questions his work ethic.

His comments weren't directed at you, obviously. I guarantee you have more in common with him than with the President, who has zero business experience and no real job experience.

He was talking about the people living off of the government who have never done anything (such as start a business) and who never plan on doing anything but collecting a check.

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Real World experience vs... ?

13. slick64

slick64

You are taking troll to a whole new level. Just sayin'

14. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

I thought he already DID release his last couple of tax returns. .

15. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

I'm sure he paid taxes, I'm sure some of those years the amount he paid was pretty low, I have a feeling the real reason he is not releasing all of his tax records is that he may have taken the swiss bank account amnesty that was offered a few years ago.

16. 427

Before Dems start pocking around Mittens' taxes, they ought to take a look at their own who've been busted evading taxes.

Treasury Sec. Tim "Turbo Tax" Geitner ring a bell?

How about Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, the supreme tax writing entity, Chaley Rangle?

How about Tom Dashle? Didn't he have to drop out of running for HHS Sec when it became known he was a tax cheat?

How about Claire McCaskill? Didn't she owe $300K to the IRS for a house and a private aircarft and didn't pay for four years.

Aren't all of these members of the so-called 1%ers?

Wasn't there a shady property deal in Chicago between Obama and convicted felon Tony Rezco?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Hey! What if Barack Obama attended Columbia and Harvard as a foreign student? Of course we don't get to know because he's being so secretive and not releasing his transcripts.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  18. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

First off, Romney is a senior citizen as he is 65 years old. No pissing and moaning from him as he is still working hard.

You can be sure the IRS has picked over Romney’s returns.

The alternative is Obama.

Obama has no understanding of how business works. Business leaders who visit him are shocked as he is bored and disinterested in anything business related. Obama just says, “Hire people, I need unemployment down.”

Obama thinks the sole purpose of a company is to employ people.

19. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Yes, I agree. Trouble is, alot of people are jealous of those who have worked hard, made good decisions and now reap the fruits of their labor.

20. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I'll bet Mitt Romney paid more in taxes just last year than all the people posting in this thread in their entire life...