Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"You don't get what you don't ask for."
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I did it again. I've added another to my growing collection. My tactical backpack is now 'full' so now I'm wondering what ya'll do when you have more guns than bag space! :)

I guess my next purchase will be a holster for it so do ya'll have any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll check it out. Lots of great holsters out there but I like to hear first hand experience from people who have the specific model and have tried a variety to see what they like and don't like about them. Tulster seems to have smooth kydek which doesn't cut or scrape. I have that one for my VP9 but I haven't checked out Milt Sparks VMII yet. I'll go do that now.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Thanks! I'll check it out. Lots of great holsters out there but I like to hear first hand experience from people who have the specific model and have tried a variety to see what they like and don't like about them. Tulster seems to have smooth kydek which doesn't cut or scrape. I have that one for my VP9 but I haven't checked out Milt Sparks VMII yet. I'll go do that now.
Obviously I don't have a P2000SK, but I've always preferred leathers for CCW even though I was one of those people that embraced everything plastic/polymer/Kydex back in the days.

A high quality leather holster will literally last you a lifetime of daily wear. It conforms to your body and become supple yet still retains shape enough for retention.

Why do I specifically prefer Milt Sparks leathers? It's because these dudes aren't just saddlers but also practitioners. They all pack irons on a daily basis. Their holsters are all beat up to heck from use yet still functional. Same thing with their belts and ammo pouches.

They know what works for CCW and what doesn't. As an individual, I'd dare say that I'm easily their best customer or damn close to it (I hoard their holsters just for the heck of it), but they would refuse to do certain things for me because it would not work with the holster's intended missions. Most other shops would say, "F it, the customer is right and it's not like he's buying for CCW". Not Milt Sparks. They won't compromise the product's intents even to their best customers.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They sound like a really great business, standing by their product and their beliefs about what makes them so awesome. And it's pretty awesome to say that you bought something that was Made in USA. No? :)

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
They sound like a really great business, standing by their product and their beliefs about what makes them so awesome. And it's pretty awesome to say that you bought something that was Made in USA. No? :)
45-years and going strong. There's a reason why the wait time is three to six months long for an order...even to their best customer.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have annotder in with Nightingale for my P30SK. Should arrive next week. His lead time is 28 wks but he had something in stock that met my needs. I ended up ordering more stuff too. Looks to be amazing craftsmanship.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had my P2000SK for 2 years now. It came to me with an IWB Crossbreed and an OWB set in leather from K&D Holsters (out of business now). Neither suited me. I've ended up with an Aliengear IWB. Note that I also converted from the standard P2000SK mags over to the 13rd USP mags (9mm) for EDC. My other holsters are relegated to the "holster bag". Cheers! Enjoy your handcannon. Handgun holster
Personal protective equipment Leather Belt
Handgun holster
Personal protective equipment Leather Belt

Reactions: Ninjamamaseeta
1 - 9 of 9 Posts