close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WOW - Maybe just maybe

Discussion in 'Desert Eagle Club' started by JTknives, Apr 3, 2010.

1. JTknives

JTknives

Today i was at the local gun shop and thy had a DE 44 mag and i had to hold it and i must say it did not feel overly large. yes it was big but i did not think it was to big. I carry a glock 20 with a threaded barrel and Lw comp. it has CTC laser grips and a surefire x300 light, This is my carry gun and i love it. so i have been use to the weight and actually though you know i could carry this DE and not have a problem with it. The gun seamed to be built very well and had a good shape to the grip. so a 44mag DE might just be my next gun,

2. Giggity

Giggity Holster Maker

Add a Hogue grip and it becomes a pleasure to shoot. I have a nice 5.11 gun belt and a BladeTech holster and it carries nice in that setup.

3. bac1023

bac1023

4. JDurfee

JDurfee

+1 :rofl:

5. ghent

ghent

Remember that you can be found both criminally and civilly liable in the event of a self defense shooting. In a situation where your attacker (or his widow) is suing you for their injuries, you need to be sure that the jury knows that YOU are the VICTIM here. Nothing about a Desert Eagle screams victim. I could see carrying one in a shoulder holster if you were hiking in the wilderness, at least then you could say "I was expecting to get attacked by a bear more than a crack head that day", but that's about the only situation where I'd try it.

6. Giggity

Giggity Holster Maker

Who said anything about CCW? We can open carry here in Ohio. And I'm not too worried about being nitpicked about my gun of choice in the event of a "good" shoot. If I was justified in shooting, doesnt matter if I shot him with a Walther P22 or a shoulder fired rocket launcher. I dont beleive in overkill.

7. bac1023

bac1023

So...

You're willing to open carry a Desert Eagle?

We can open carry in PA as well, but I can't imagine brandishing a DE. Wow.

8. DamienAzrael

DamienAzrael

I CCW my Desert Eagle everyday...I'm also a pretty big guy so it's not an issue...I think it's funny when people say they don't believe I do that and then I show them...The looks on their faces are priceless...I live in Florida, so I don't have the option to open carry...If I did I would certainly open carry my Desert Eagle.

9. bac1023

bac1023

Ridiculous.

I'm just curious why someone would feel the need to carry a DE on the streets.

I could see it in the woods in dangerous game regions (I'd still sooner carry a revolver), but on the streets? Its seems like a great deal of weight and discomfort for nothing.

I guess people think they're cool. :rofl:

10. Burncycle

Burncycle

Really? You're on a firearms forum asking that? Why do you need more than 10 rounds in a magazine? And why do you "need" that AR or that AK? Why do you "need" that .50 cal? The list can go on. Sound familiar? No it may not be practical for everyone but if he can CCW it and that's what he wants to carry, more power to him. And if you need a reason, well it'll sure be more effective on large attackers under the influence of drugs than what most people carry.

Personally my butt would be listing heavily to starboard with all that weight lol...

It seems that convinence dictates caliber choice more so than effectiveness in a lot of CCW holders. While most choose a middle ground, a medium sized pistol or compact in a standard caliber like 9mm, 40 and 45 for a compromise, Many are willing to carry a gun that has limited caliber and power so long as it's easy to slip into the pocket. Fine, it's better than nothing I suppose. This gentleman is simply of the opposite end of that spectrum. A DE is certainly not convinent but if he can conceal it and he actually carries it, great

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  11. bac1023

bac1023

Those comparisons aren't practical.

Sorry, but only a moron would carry a Desert Eagle as a CCW. Its just STUPID.

12. Tim808

Tim808

Someone needs a life........

13. GuNDeZZZ

GuNDeZZZ

I agree 100%, they are interesting guns (never understood the "cool factor" they have though) but there are way more options for ccw that are more reasonable.

More power to you if you have to compensate for something by carring a DE concealed or open.

14. troda

troda

Although you might not agree with his carry choice, Its his choice.

Japle likes this.
  15. justinsaneok

justinsaneok

There must be a sale on 32 oz Haterades at walmart!!!!! Who cares they carry D.E I think I would be happy if this guy could shoot thru a car if need be. He could do anything with that bad boy, shoot thru brick walls. engine blocks, polar bears, whales, sink a boat with one shot and if the **** hit the fan he could use it to make a perimeter by pounding fence posts while I roll out the fence. Sounds like someones has B.F.G envy. :rofl: I never held one before but wouldn't pass up the chance or hate on the idea of someone else having or carrying one. More power to ya, literally!:rofl:

16. bac1023

bac1023

I hope you aren't referring to me. I've owned a DE for many years, as well as hundreds of other handguns.

Here's a little tip; hold one and shoot one before making ridiculous comments about the practicality of carrying it.

I like the DE, but using one for street carry makes no sense whatsoever.

[​IMG]

17. bac1023

bac1023

That's exactly what its about. :supergrin:

18. GAFinch

GAFinch

19. bac1023

bac1023

Coonans are cool pistols for sure. :)

[​IMG]

20. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

I'm always amazed when I see this amount of bashing in a gun forum... do any of you REALLY care that much what someone else carries? :rofl:

I've shot a DE in .44 and enjoyed it... but I did have a couple of FTE's in 50rds, so it wouldn't be my first choice for defensive carry (open or concealed).

I'll tell you this... I have ZERO problem with someone legally carrying whatever the heck they want, whether it's a .22 Short revolver or a .600 Nitro Express Magnum. Heck, I don't care if they carry an AK or AR pistol. More power to them for exercising their rights.

Sheesh. Calm down and leave the guy alone.