close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wow, Apple stock is taking a royal drubbing

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cowboy1964, Nov 15, 2012.

1. kiole

kiole

Apple needs to revolutionize television like it did with music. We need a slick version of IOS running on a television and deals with cable companies or satellite companies to offer television with out set top boxes.

The television experience hasn't change in 25years. Imagine seamless integration with your media library, live content, on demand content and social media without it being piece mealed together.

Apple needs to do what it did with the MP3 player to the television.

The biggest road block is the cable/satellite service providers.

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Steve told his biographer he cracked it. I have to think its forthcoming.

3. Ruggles

Ruggles

Apple is doing just fine. Having been an Apple user since the 80s the company is a so much more visible and viable today than ever before. They will continue to innovate and grow.

4. kiole

kiole

Imagine a decent processor/gpu running a televsion with integrated storage. Putting a leaned down Mac mini within a slim led tv would revolutionize tv/video content if the content owners and service providers could work together.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  5. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

December 31, 2012 13104.14
    January 31, 2013 13860.58
    February 28, 2013 14054.49

I think it is your imagination.:wavey:

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

They can make a beautiful piece of hardware but I think jobs focus was how the viewer interacts with the TV.

7. HiddenEyes

HiddenEyes It can be done

He posted that over three months ago. Why don't you go back and dig up the numbers between the election and when when that post was made since those would be relevant to his post.

Mr. HE:cool:

8. sputnik767

sputnik767

Haha, I bet people were saying that when Apple was at $700 too. The same has been said about a lot of companies (Microsoft for example), and Apple is facing a lot of problems right now. For example, they've saturated the high-end device market, and are currently seeing their market share drop across the board worldwide. There isn't any more room for them to grow in their current markets. All the while, Samsung has been successfully competing with them in the high-end market and has been absolutely destroying them worldwide because they are in markets where Apple doesn't even play. All of this talk about the lower-end iphone is exactly what they need to be doing, however they are already far behind and will be playing catch-up. Point is, I highly doubt that Apple can sustain their growth in the long term. And if they don't grow, neither will their stock price.

Edit: just realized that I replied to a 4 month old post. Apple stock has lost about $100 since then.

9. sputnik767

sputnik767

They haven't innovated a thing for about 2-3 years now. And that is part of the problem. Making things larger or smaller is not innovation.

10. Z71bill

Z71bill

I did not make this trade --

My point was - if you thought Apple was about to go up - from where is was on November 15 around $525 - a better way to play would have been a call spread.

Loss before commissions would have been $7,600 you spent on the call spread - $4,800 you collected on the put spread = $2,800 net loss.

Hard to compare (apples to apples:tongueout:) using a call & put spread to just buying the stock - but if a person would have bought Apple instead - they would have also lost.

:dunno: