Would you trust a Taurus G2

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Deputydave, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Yes, I would

40 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, I would not

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bac1023

bac1023

It’s wearing thin with several people, as shown in this thread...but keep on keepin’ on.

ShipWreck and Southswede like this.
  2. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Are you their spokesman? If so, let them know that no one is forcing them to click on this or any particular thread. That is their choice so they are putting that crushing burden on themselves. Again, no one forced you to enter this thread. No one forced you to be dishonest in the poll. That was clearly and solely your choice. And still is clearly and solely your choice. You can walk simply walk away and participate in a thread that interests you. The question is...will you. I already know the answer but feel free to prove my wrong.

Longbow and CBennett like this.

3. Terry G

Terry G

I shot three G2's, one extensively. I didn't have a malfunction or any kind of problem. The trigger definitely takes some getting used to. I would carry one after I tested it, but I would do that with any firearm. Do I prefer a G2? No, CZ's are much better. I fired friends Shield and didn't find it a whole lot different than the G2. They're both good guns. Taurus get's beat up 'cause it's a Taurus. S&W shines because it's S&W.

Deputydave likes this.
  4. bac1023

bac1023

They don’t need a spokesman. They type. I can read.

Hey, I’m always interested in free entertainment. It’s entertaining watching just how far you’ll go to both prove your point and push Taurus products.

5. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

I voted no. I am sure that I have not owned, tested, or shot guns near as much as others.
    That said. I started selling guns in 1992. I started shooting way before that. I have heard and seen countless stories of Taurus having problems. Enough that I quit selling them. I spent two hours on hold trying to get an extractor for a 709, because I sold the pos and wanted to make it right. The triggers are horrible, but I am sure that more experienced shooters really like the triggers. I just haven't met one yet.
    I am sure that the Shield has a great reputation on this gun forum and with countless other shooter, by pure luck, fraud, and fake news. Is the Shield the best gun made? Absolutely not. I have many better pistols. Probably none for the same price as the Shield. When I am not carrying one of my CZ pistols, I feel 100% safe with a Shield and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. Most of the shooters I know have one already.
    I will not carry a Taurus, own a Taurus, or sell a Taurus to anyone I know, so I could never recommend one. I am sure that makes me a Taurus basher, but I am okay with that.

MD357 likes this.
  6. jp 19

jp 19

Why yes dave, yes I would dave.

Deputydave likes this.
  7. Deputydave

Well, I can say I wouldn’t troll someone else’s thread or be dishonest in their poll. But not everyone holds themselves to those types of standards obviously. Too bad, but not unexpected.

Mahalo_.357sig likes this.
  8. bac1023

bac1023

Well I’m real sorry to disappoint.

I’d venture to say that several people who voted in the poll ever owned one. It’s a Taurus, which says enough.

But, dang Dave, that’s what you were trying to prove all along. I helped you.

ShipWreck and pag23 like this.
  9. jp 19

jp 19

The only reason I sold mine is because Crimson Trace did not
    And we’re not planning a laser guard for it.

Deputydave likes this.
  10. mj9mm

mj9mm

i have a PT111 Millennium Pro model. i love it, shoots as well as my Glocks and other pistols. i have around 5k rounds through it, no issues, everything holding up fine. no repairs or wear, looks as good as new. it is the same size and shape as my G36, they are interchangeable in holsters. Carries great. at one time i considered getting a G2, but since this one doesn't need replacing, no real need.

Gray_Rider and Deputydave like this.
  11. Dave514

Dave514

Over priced.

ShipWreck and bac1023 like this.
  12. Deputydave

5K is a respectable amount of rounds on a small CCW pistol. I've seen in excess of 10K rounds from several folks on different forums. I'm curious about the texturing from generation to generation. On my PT111 G2's the texturing was fairly aggressive. Felt fine while firing and gave a positive purchase on the pistol while rapid firing.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  13. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

I have mine for two years now and I find it to be very reliable. Carries well, second strike capable and has 12+1 round per mag. And most of all...it's very affordable.

Oh, I forgot to add, the only time it jammed, was with USA Forged ammo. Failure to eject, IIRC.
    But that same ammo jammed on my Ruger SR9E also.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  14. mj9mm

mj9mm

15. mj9mm

mj9mm

it's the right amount for me to grip easily without feeling sharp on recoil. i wouldn't change it at all.

Deputydave likes this.
  16. Pandaz3

Pandaz3

I own two Mod 1 Shield's, a 40 and 45, they work well, I like them, I don't carry them. I also own a PT-111 G2 and a PT-111 G2C in 9 MM. I liked and have shot the G2 a lot and bought the G2C to see for myself what the differences were. Minor, incremental changes for the better, I prefer the G2C. That said I am not a 9MM fan so I often carry a PT-140 G2C 40 S&W, same size and appearance as the 9MM. The 40 has two rounds less capacity feels great shooting.

mj9mm, Gray_Rider and Deputydave like this.
  17. Nucflash

Nucflash Sinistram delenda est

Double post...sorry

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Mahalo_.357sig and Deputydave like this.
  18. Nucflash

Nucflash Sinistram delenda est

I have a Slight Curve SAO Short Stroke Trigger in one (this is a flat face trigger) and a Standard SAO Short Stroke Trigger in another. The "Standard" model, it is the same as the original SAO Slight Curve, however it has much more rounded sides and bottom for those that prefer a more standard style trigger face.

As far as how I like them, they are great. These triggers make shooting the G2c a totally different experience from the original. You will no longer have second strike capability (although he makes some which keep that). The reset is the same as with factory trigger and the take up is much shorter. IMHO, they are well worth the money. BTW...there are no modifications needed, just follow the video.

19. Wetrudgeon

Wetrudgeon

We owned a first gen PT111 and a PT145 years ago and both were very reliable. We carried both briefly. Both had long hard triggers which were not ideal for us. The frame on the 145 cracked twice. Taurus replaced the frame both times but we nonetheless lost all confidence in the platform. Sold/traded both the 111 and the 145. No further experiences with carrying Taurii since.

We trudge on.

20. Deputydave

That USA Forged seems to be a bit hit-or-miss on some guns. I fired okay in my P365 but my buddies P365 wouldn't operate reliably with it. Jammed up on every mag. I knew it was dirty ammo going in which is actually why I ran a bunch through my P365. I wanted to see how well it would perform since my P365 was about 6 months newer in date than his.

Looks like they've updated/changed the texturing from the two models I had. I like the update better as the older texturing was really pretty aggressive. A bit more than I cared for. It worked fine though.

mj9mm and Gray_Rider like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.