Would you trust a Taurus G2

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Deputydave, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Yes, I would

40 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No, I would not

24 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Simple question; Would you trust a Taurus G2 pistol for SD carry after properly vetting the pistol for reliability and performance?

Caveat before voting: This is a poll specifically for those that own or have owned a Taurus G2 (to include the PT111, PT111G2, G2c and G2s) and/or have properly vetted the pistol at the range. If you have never owned the G2 or at the least properly vetted the pistol please do not vote in the poll. This isn't an 'I like/hate Taurus thread'. This is to evaluate a specific Taurus pistol by those that own or vetted the pistol.

If you would, why?

If you would not, why?

Again, please, this is not an 'I like/hate Taurus thread'. If you haven't owned or shot the Taurus G2 extensively to vet for personal carry please don't vote or comment. If you do own one or have shot it extensively to vet for personal carry or you would/wouldn't trust it in general, please feel free to comment. Thank you.

(Please keep in mind that I have no control over the results nor members not meeting the listed criteria from respecting the integrity of the poll.)

slamdunc likes this.
  2. Deputydave

I voted yes because I have carried a Taurus PT111G2 off-duty. I have owned two of them and simply put, they ate everything I feed them. FMJ, HP, various bullet weights and bullet designs. They were accurate and durable. I'd have no issue with carrying one if I had properly vetted it, like I would with any pistol prior to carrying it.

Ricky Ricardo and slamdunc like this.

3. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

You don't say.

ShipWreck likes this.
  4. Deputydave

I did say, right in post #2.

5. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Irony detector turned off? Check the switch.

ShipWreck likes this.
  6. Deputydave

I just didn't see the reason that you made a non-productive, sarcastic post? Some folks just can't post nicely it seems.

7. Nucflash

Nucflash Sinistram delenda est

I would and i do. I own two G2C pistols and they have flawless (approximately 4k rounds combined). Didn't particularly care for the stock trigger so I replaced it/them with Keep Tinkering triggers. Also replaced the RSA and striker guide with stainless steel ones for each pistol. I got approximately $250 invested in each gun and they run great. What's there to complain about. I'm not a Taurus fan boy. far from it. I simply appreciate what, has been for me, a good, reliable firearm at a fair price.

8. CDW4ME

CDW4ME Enigma

The question could be even simpler.
    Would you trust a Taurus?

[​IMG]

No. :D

ShipWreck and MD357 like this.
  9. Deputydave

what did the trigger and RSA cost you?

10. Nucflash

Nucflash Sinistram delenda est

The triggers run $30 on ebay and there are videos for installation. It's actually fairly easy. The RSA was about $28 if I remember right, got it from Lakeline LLC.

Deputydave likes this.
  11. Full Semi-auto

Full Semi-auto

I've been eyeing those triggers for my G2C. Which one did you get and how are you liking it? Any modifications needed or pretty straight forward?

Deputydave likes this.
  12. Dave514

Dave514

I walked by the Tauras booth last Tuesday and they said "You can win a free Taurus!". I said "no thanks".

I know Springfield was also doing some giveaways and I missed the sign up but watched them give out a Hellcat, XD-M, Ronin and a Saint before I couldn't watch any longer. Bummed.

The G2 may turn out to be one of the few models worth owning but given my experience with Tauras in the past.... not even a chance at a free one.

GlockWheeler likes this.
  13. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

I've got a new G2C and a G2S. I really like the G2C; it has capacity, ergonomics and it's dependable. I currently carry either the G43X or Walther PPS as my off-duty CCW, but would not hesitate to put either Taurus into the rotation.

Gray_Rider and Deputydave like this.
  14. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Irony and sarcasm are different, I made a joke that was neither aggressive nor demeaning, fairly based on your relentless flow of posts on the brand.

You seem one of those persons that has to be right and has to have the last word, and in the process looses the sense of humor and -worse- the sense of measure.

Have fun with it, just be aware of the fact that brand apologists tend to sound like shills after a while and you are way past that point.

Being bullish about Taurus (yes, pun intended) is fine, but you seem positively desperate in locking horns (again!) with everybody until we all acknowledge how right you were, are, and always will be.

Out of exhaustion perhaps, but not yet.

grumpy1 and MD357 like this.
  15. Deputydave

Thank you. Lakeline LLC seems to be a main source for Taurus aftermarket support. I've seen them mentioned for night sights as well.

Mahalo_.357sig likes this.
  16. MD357

MD357

Yep. I believe this thread was started because of the overwhelming positive responses when someone started a Shield Poll.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  17. Deputydave

Your belief is incorrect. It was started for two reasons; first, to show that internet polls are at best, meaningless. Secondly, to demonstrate that, unfortunately, quite a few members can't respect the OP. Simply, it chaps their hides to have a thread devoted solely to the discussion, pro and con, of a particular Taurus pistol A simple look at the snarky comments just on the first page show the lack of respect some members of the board have towards other members. And we can fully surmise that at least some of the 'no' votes are from folks that don't meet the simple criteria of the OP/poll. I knew this going in which is why I put the side note at the bottom of the OP. I knew some just couldn't conduct themselves as adults. I knew some couldn't resist being snarky. It simply isn't in them to conduct themselves appropriately. And that's unfortunate.

However, as a side note, of the 'no' votes I don't see any actual posts to back up such a no vote. Not that it would matter, as anyone can 'say' they have a G2 and post an opinion. But again, it all supports what I've already explained to you in the other thread...polls on the internet are meaningless and those that cling to them are intellectually dishonest or simply niave.

napp32 and mj9mm like this.
  18. 835mag

835mag

Yes. Have a pt111 and pt140 and both have been 100%. Probably 5-600 rds in the 111 and 300 through the 140.

Gray_Rider and Deputydave like this.
  19. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

I purchased all of lakeline G2 products and still no issues with my G2

Gray_Rider, Nucflash and Deputydave like this.
  20. MD357

MD357

Don't know what to tell you Dave, I simply stated there's a difference in response between the response of the Shield and Taurus. Never said much else. Here we are.

Kind of interesting to see that according to your poll, owners can vet these guns, yet still won't carry them.

Going to reflect back to the comments that apparently led you start this, the Shield poll response is significantly different.

I will say I'm in the no column, after believing this platform was good enough for an amount of time, I have come across some issues locally that have put me off on Taurus once again. It's not a bad platform, just not good enough for carry for MY needs. Too many good cheap guns out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.