Would you take in a refugee?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by stk10767, Feb 2, 2017.

1. stk10767

stk10767

I've seen several online posts lately (some from family members of mine) who have quoted the Pope and have basically called anyone who supports the temporary ban on immigration from the identified countries that harbor terrorists, a hypocrite. They state that Christians should not oppose the temporary ban on immigration from these select countries because it shows that you are not living up to your true Christian beliefs of welcoming people in need.

The thing is, I don't see anyone spewing these opinions opening their doors to these refugees. For example, my SIL who lives in a 4,000sf McMansion has at least two extra bedrooms to take in a refugee or two. She has not. But she continues to call out the rest of her family that agrees with the temporary immigration ban as being non Christian. I think she is the hypocrite no? I mean put your money where your mouth is and take in a couple of these people.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  2. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

If she was hot and does chores.

:cool:

3. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

And makes yummy sandwiches, with bacon.

4. ked

ked

Girl and the Snake

A young girl walking along a mountain path to her grandmother's house heard a rustle at her feet. Looking down, she saw a snake, but before she could react, the snake spoke to her.

"I am about to die," he said. "It's too cold for me up here, and I am freezing. There is no food in these mountains, and I am starving. Please put me under your coat and take me with you."

"No," the girl replied. "I know your kind. You are a rattlesnake. And if I pick you up, you will bite me and your bite is poisonous."

"No, no," the snake said. "If you help me, you will be my best friend. I will treat you differently."

The young girl sat down on a rock for a moment to rest and think things over. She looked at the beautiful markings on the snake and she had to admit he was the most beautiful snake she had ever seen.

Suddenly, she said, "I believe you. I will save you. All living things deserve to be treated with kindness."

She then reached over, put the snake gently under her coat and continued toward her grandmother's house.

Within a moment, she felt a sharp pain in her side. The snake had bitten her!

"How could you do this to me?" she cried. "You promised that you would not bite me, and I trusted you!"

"You knew what I was when you picked me up," he hissed as he slithered away.

5. 9jeeps

9jeeps rip "Bud"

NOPE! If they come to America they get more free stuff than I ever have

6. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

No.
    We provided jobs and support to people who fled Iran when the Shaw was deposed.
    Took them 20 years but they screwed us and our company in the end.

7. nursetim

nursetim

This has been my stance. Those that pipe up against Trumps temporary halt to certain countries unvetted immigration, should be compelled to cloth, house, and feed a family of "refugees" and be held responsible for their actions. "Celebrities" and the more affluent, more than one family.

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

A Latino guy I used to be friends got pissed at me when I pointed out that he was crying about "build the wall" all the while living in a gated community :)

9. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Situations are always variable, of course.

But if I was comfortable with an individual needing temporary shelter, and I would have an opportunity to meet and discuss, yes, I have room for one.

So, my answer is yes. I would take in a refugee.

OGW and Joe! like this.
  10. XDRoX

XDRoX

Ya that's pretty much the same thing.

Fred Hansen likes this.
  11. MO Fugga

MO Fugga Malt Liqra® Lifetime Member

I dont want my goats to get pregnant. They're dudes.

EOS, pipedreams, silentpoet and 12 others like this.
  12. XDRoX

XDRoX

If I had been born in one of these F'd up countries I would be doing my best to enter America legal or not.

Therefore I don't really fault illegal immigrants for trying to get in.

My wife's mom entered from Mexico legally but over stayed her visa illegally. Worked her ass off as a single mother of 4. Made her own version of the American dream. I know she he worked harder than most American born people to raise 4 daughters here instead of in Mexico. She worked minimum wage jobs over 8 hours a day the whole time my wife was a kid. I resect the hell out of that even though it was illegal.

My wife inherited her mom's work ethic. Worked her ass off through school and paid her own way through college and a Masters degree. Never got a handout from anyone until she met me :D I now give her anything she asks for that I can provide.

As parents we all understand that need to do whatever we can to better the lives of our children.

Nothing really surprises me when it comes to the selfishness of the far right when it comes to immigration.

People born here inherently feel entitled and almost like they earned this freedom.

When really, nothing could be further from the truth. We're here because of the luck of birth, not because we earned or deserve it.

When you accept this truth then you can begin to understand why people so badly want to come here. For me, the worst part about being republican is voting along side people with an absolute disregard of compassion for those that weren't born in this country.

pupjoint, Rocknropes, jame and 8 others like this.
  13. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

14. peng

peng

You meant to say supports/support instead of opposes/oppose, right?

n2g and Kevinr20 like this.
  15. NDcent

NDcent Socially Inept

Nope, nodda, knot gunna happen, see ya wouldn't wanna be ya, cash me l8r.

If I were going to take someone in, I would start with a veteran or someone local and legal.

16. vart

vart

Yep...

Especially this one...

[​IMG]

17. janice6

janice6

18. vart

vart

Is being a Syrian refugee a red-flag in a relationship?? :innocent:

19. 29glock27

29glock27 版主是屄

I don't want people I know to be in my house let alone someone I don't know.

20. Adub

Adub

Only a hot woman.

Seriously, those men need to man up and fight for their country. What if the North had all gotten on boats at the start of the Civil War, or Washington had said "lets go home and make moonshine"???

Can you imagine those men on the Titanic? They'd kill the women and children and take their life vests.

Maxx702, happyguy, TX OMFS and 6 others like this.