close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Would you still buy a Sig P320 ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock5857, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Glock5857

Glock5857

I was considering a Sig P320 compact until the issue with accidental discharge from dropping came up. I still like it and may still buy one. I don't intend on dropping it, but I know anything can happen. I was just wondering what everyone else thought about it. Would you still buy one ? Why or why not ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DocPoison and powernoodle like this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

I wouldn't buy one before all this. I don't care for it.

High bore axis, cheap polymer, and poor trigger for carry (in my opinion). It really has no redeeming qualities in my eyes.

3. brew

brew

I would buy one if needed. Haven't dropped a gun in 53 years.

4. beaversgs

beaversgs

I like the gun and had considered one, but will all this going on I'd only buy one if it was a great deal or wait and see if SIG makes the "upgrades" standard sometime in the near future.

DocPoison, Redeemed and n2g like this.
  5. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I will wait out the current fire storm, but yes, I would consider buying one.

n2g likes this.
  6. bac1023

bac1023

I never dropped a gun in 35 years of shooting. If it were the only carry gun available, I would possibly consider it.

michael_b and brew like this.
  7. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665

Don't like the 320... The bore axis is too high, which makes top/ front heavy, its even uglier than a Glock, and the only good thing about it (the trigger) is soon to be changed.

So no... I won't be buying one.

8. dosei

dosei

Glock went through the same thing in 1992, coming out with the Gen2 and offering "Voluntary Upgrades" to all Gen1 owners. So...would you still buy a Glock? Do people still buy Glocks? Did the discovery that simply chambering a round in a Gen1 Glock can cause it to slam-fire & even go full-auto slam-fire, and that "dropping" it a certain way can cause an AD and render the gun inoperable, mark the demise of the "Tupperware" gun?

Good grief...everyone is acting as if nothing like this has ever happened before...

Jim Graham, MNBud, DocPoison and 6 others like this.
  9. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

If you want one, but don't need it right now, I'd wait a bit. If there's enough bad press and sales slump, they may offer rebates to bring people back. If sales don't slump, it'll be the same price as now. No loss in waiting and maybe a gain.

DocPoison likes this.
  10. Glock5857

Glock5857

I don't consider Glocks ugly. To me they have a simple utilitarian beauty.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Walk Soft, michael_b, vba and 5 others like this.
  11. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

NO. was interested a while back until I had to deal with Sig USA on another NH model Sig issue, now they are at Taurus level as far as I am concerned. This recent incident of lying, double-talk, and feigned ignorance just solidifies my original opinion of them.

michael_b, vba, packinaglock and 2 others like this.
  12. Taco Junkie

Taco Junkie Female bicycle seat thief

I like mine a lot - it fits me well and has a very good trigger and would buy one again. That said, my EDCs are Glock or SA.

DocPoison, BuckRogers2000 and NitLion like this.
  13. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

You should have made this a poll. :)

Prior to the recent events / discovery, I shot the rental P320 a few times, and decided it was just not for me. So I didn't intend on it beforehand, and still don't.

If I HAD intended on getting one, then it would depend on purpose as to whether I would still buy one. If I had planned on using it as a USPSA production gun (and other game gun), then I'd maybe still get it. If my intent was carry, or home defense, then no, unless I could order it with the trigger safety that they supposedly offered. I'd wait until they got this issue fixed.

Another reason I'd not get it is I'm on the polymer "band wagon". Nothing against polymer, but I've acquired way too many, and would like to get back to some more traditional arms. I did already fall off the wagon once with a Beretta APX, but that was certainly worth it.

DocPoison likes this.
  14. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Think on the utter greed and/or stupidity of what is going on here. Troops do drop guns. They take some falls. Hit the ground at speed down fast ropes and chutes. Take severe impacts mounted and/or dismounted.

Then either the Army failed to discover that the Sig P320 would spontaneously discharge under an alarming variety of conditions, or SIG knew all the while and offered the Army a "fixed" version of the pistol while perpetuating a dangerous fraud upon the civilian market, including police sales.

Now, some Sig apologists are arguing that these pistols have been detail stripped and reassembled without a critical little spring in the striker parts group that is easy to miss and the lack of which still allows the pistol to function.

LOL! THAT easy detail strip and easy loss of a safety part, if true, is REALLY something responsible ordnance officers want to give to the rock head fraction of the armed services personnel, the ones who will tinker with a pistol that can be completely disassembled by even a galactic moron, i.e. Yankee Marshal level derp.

Good God what a clusterFk.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    mrasgt, packinaglock and DocPoison like this.
  15. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

I recently owned 2 320's. A buddy talked me out of them($) prior to the problem. I do like the engineering in the pistol, and the drop firing problem should be an easy fix. Problem now is SIG is saying to return your 320 for upgrades to cure the drop firing issue. There are approx. 500,000 320's out in the public's hands. If you send your 320 into SIG in the next few weeks, you may not see it for a long time, depending on how much effort SIG puts into their recall shop effort. I would hope SIG really gets on this with a huge concentrated effort, but that remains to be seen.
    And all of this fix Charlie Foxtrot could have been side stepped if SIG would just put their Glock style trigger into the 320. They already designed it and made it available for the 320. It would be a simple fix, and just about anyone can do it. In minutes, too.
    But, no, SIG refuses to put a horrid Glock style trigger into their 320, as they do not want to be like or do anything Glockish to their 320. Sad that pridefulness gets in the way of making or fixing a good product quickly. Just stupid marketing, IMHO anyway. Good Luck, SIG. Your going to need it. Lots of it.
    I will get another one after SIG cures the problem.

16. tbc

tbc

No. Not then not now.

The P320's slide felt bulky when I held it. It weighs more than a Glock and a FN. My main criteria for a polymer handgun is the weight. Obviously reliability comes first, in which most modern handguns have successfully met.

packinaglock likes this.
  17. bunk22

bunk22

Kinf of like when a pilot says, hey, fly with me, I have never crashed

AGF0526 and Karambit777 like this.
  18. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I am not a follower of trends. I like to buy pistols that I enjoy shooting, are well made, and have a purpose.

This design was never on my radar.

The Legion is something I enjoy, though I only have one. The only other Sig I would consider is a 10mm P220.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DocPoison and BuckRogers2000 like this.
  19. Ofc.JL

Ofc.JL

Boats; As I understand it, the MHS 320 has the upgrade parts already in the design(which brings up the question what did SIG know, and when did they know it!), and that the pistol is being delivered w/ a proprietary screw block on the extractor and take down lever to prevent Troop dis-assembly. While that will help, we know some moron trooper will take it apart anyhow and loose a bunch of parts, and/or wreck the pistol.
    I think the 320 will serve fairly well, but time will tell. At least until the lawsuits and Congressional inquiry as to why the ARMY stopped the MHS testing prior to completely finishing the tests, and named SIG the winner. And don't get me wrong, while I do like Glocks, I am more interested in a good sidearm that will be what our Troops need, and not what the bean counters said they could have, regardless of the brand.

DocPoison likes this.
  20. Gen IV

Gen IV

Wanted to like them, tried to like them but, I really prefer DA/SA Sigs. Now more than ever.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017