Glock Talk banner

Would you still buy a Colt 6920?

11751 Views 66 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  Inebriated
I can get Colt 6920 for near $1000.00, which is about max I want to pay. Plan on using it for punching holes in paper and part of home defense team. Like the mill spec although it will not see heavy use. Since Colt is in Capter 11 or whatever I worry about a warranty situation down the road since how this plays out is up in the air. So should I buy the Colt or look elsewhere in this price range?
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
3,418 Posts
Absolutely I would and just bought a full OD 6920 a few months back. I plan on picking up a few more and the next will be a full FDE 6920. They are great carbines and I've never had a single issue with any I have or had so warranty shouldn't be an issue.

· Registered
4,201 Posts
I can get Colt 6920 for near $1000.00, which is about max I want to pay. Plan on using it for punching holes in paper and part of home defense team. Like the mill spec although it will not see heavy use. Since Colt is in Capter 11 or whatever I worry about a warranty situation down the road since how this plays out is up in the air. So should I buy the Colt or look elsewhere in this price range?
Heck yeah buy the Colt. Every day. :)

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
Buy the Colt you want.

If they really go tits up down the road, or there is another panic. You can unload it for three times what you paid.

Just don't put all your eggs in one basket. It pays to have lots of other AR's.

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
I wouldn't pay a thousand bucks for one though. Warranties are overrated. Colt doesn't honor or has parts for my many Prancing Pony revolvers.

Not to mention that AR parts are a dime a dozen. You don't need Ct to buy a replacement firing pin or spring.
Funny you mention the revolver parts thing.

Even back 10 years ago they didn't have the parts to repair the revolvers. I remember one guy that dropped his Python on the hammer and snapped it off. They replaced it with a same sized hammer from a different gun. It no longer had the great big wide spur.

It actually looked pretty funny. Man was he pissed off.

My Python never goes out shooting. If it were worth a grand or less, maybe.

· Super Moderator
9,082 Posts
Their Ch11 filing is not a big deal when you are talking about a firearm that can have every part on it swapped out with parts from a bunch of other companies. Never owned a Colt, no desire to, but if it was what I wanted, I would still get one.

The only thing Colt makes that I really like are their extractor spring assemblies with the Gold spring and black insert. Nobody makes a better one and I use them a lot. I just got another 10 on the way. :)

· ****** Viejo
32,857 Posts
If you like the Colt then buy it. I've had several over the years and they were OK. I've also had several Bushmasters which I liked a lot. I've also had a couple of Stags and really like them. If I was in the market for a new AR I'd be looking seriously at the Windham Weaponry offerings. Good luck in your search. tom.

ETA I am not an Operator and don't run 'em hard, etc. Just a range shooter. :)

· Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,545 Posts
Meh, gunz are gunz

· Registered
2,578 Posts
The basic 6920 has been as low as $800 online recently. Plenty of online dealers have Magpul editions for $830-$900. Personally in that price range I'd get a mid length from Spikes or BCM. I'll probably never buy a Colt because of their past treatment of the civilian market, but they likely are a good investment for the next panic.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.