Votes: 12 35.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the back story...he and I had been friends since kids, since before grade school, really...his family moved away, but we were still friends. He grew up, got married, had a kid, lost a kid, divorced....you know, life....still friends, keeping in touch....then, one day, POOF! Disappeared off the face of the planet. I tried to get in touch, no home address, his emails no longer valid, an abandoned FB page, his telephone number not in service...

....fast forward five years....emails and texts out of the blue, says he's 'in the area' and wants to get together for a beer and to catch up.

So...he's had my email and phone number all this time and never bothered to contact me? WTH?

That's not how real friendship works, in my book.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Well, at least you could get some answers. At worst, you tell him that being a friend means you show up, and you don’t consider him a friend any longer.

·
Premium Member
10,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe there is a reason behind his dropping out like that. I would give him a chance to explain.
I dunno...other than being in jail or dead, I can't see why anyone couldn't take a minute to call or email or text over the course of five years.

·
Why so serious?
65,917 Posts
Relax, he probably just needs a kidney.

Only panic if he asks to meet you at a motel room.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

·
Registered
912 Posts
Maybe you pissed him off? I had a friend or a guy I thought was a friend until I found out we were friends because all of the nice things I could build and fix for him, as soon as I asked for a favor, he disappeared. I golfed with him fished with him family gatherings e.t.c. for 30 years. tough to take sometimes , I would hear him out tell him what you are telling us and let the chips fall.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Okay, here's the back story...he and I had been friends since kids, since before grade school, really...his family moved away, but we were still friends. He grew up, got married, had a kid, lost a kid, divorced....you know, life....still friends, keeping in touch....then, one day, POOF! Disappeared off the face of the planet. I tried to get in touch, no home address, his emails no longer valid, an abandoned FB page, his telephone number not in service...

....fast forward five years....emails and texts out of the blue, says he's 'in the area' and wants to get together for a beer and to catch up.

So...he's had my email and phone number all this time and never bothered to contact me? WTH?

That's not how real friendship works, in my book.
You don’t necessarily have to be friends going forward, but your history together probably deserves at least a 10 minute closure beer.

·
rip "Bud"
10,399 Posts
Your call. Why not? I've had friends I haven't heard from for 15 years call and want to connect. I always figured they needed or wanted something. Plus I had moved on to new friends. I never have cottoned up to this buddy buddy crap. And left all that behind when I went into the Air Force in 1960.

·
Why so serious?
65,917 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but that's not your friend...

#RussianHackers

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
You don't need to be friends to have a beer. Did he say he is buying?

·
Giant Member
5,569 Posts
Maybe it's part of a 12 step program...

Reactions: Rellik
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.