Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > Covid-19 News/Info > Would You Purposely Get CoV-19 If You Could?

Would You Purposely Get CoV-19 If You Could?

1. I would. Although there's a good chance I already have. Hopefully......fingers crossed.

I want my exposure before the winter.

2. I would. I'd rather take my chances. 99.9% seems like good odds to me. I'd prefer to get it over with, and get back to as close to normal as things can get. Its an easy choice, to be sick for a few days instead of living in fear and hiding behind a mask for the rest of my life.

3. No, but we are all going to get it if we haven't already had it.

4. No, I wouldn’t, but you can do it if you really want to. It wouldn’t be that hard.

5. Not intentionally. But two family members who had it and recovered have expressed a feeling of freedom. One came real close to rolling credits in the ICU. Other had a sore throat and fever for three days. Now they’re donating plasma antibodies.

6. Not intentionally. I don't know if I'm one of the few who have the cytokine storm of effects that come with it. I don't want to take a minimum of 10 days of no income. I don't want the rare possibility of accruing a hospital bill. I sure as hell don't want to have it and accidentally give it to someone who does end up croaking from it.

Herd immunity doesn't require every single person to get it and not everyone will.

7. No thanks. I’ll just wait for a vaccine.

Yadda yadda I know that it’s not a guarantee. But I’ll take those odds over trying to get COVID and crossing my fingers.

8. Why in the world would anyone want to purposely contract a virus that has the potential for death or lifelong health problems ?

I'm sorry, but that just sounds pretty stupid to me.

9. Intentionally, no. I have enough comorbidities (lung damage from pneumonia) that it could have a bad outcome.

10. No. I've had pneumonia enough times to know, I probably won't fair very well.

No need to go pissing on the third rail.

11. Best of luck buddy. Do your best to get as much exercise as possible, especially cardio, to get your lungs in the best shape they can be in. Boost your immune system the best you can. Get outside as much as possible, go for the Hamil-tan.
    [​IMG]

Exercise, rest, sunshine, outside, vitamins.

12. No, I wouldn't. Too many unknowns. Have a friend now, 48, no underlying conditions, and she "recovered"... Yet she still hasn't been able to work a full shift and is still having issues breathing and with fatigue. More to it than just mortality rate.

13. Old George ought to be well baked by now!

I do the best I can, I get plenty of exercise, sunshine and outside working on the farm. I take plenty vitamins including Vitamin D. I have enough aches and pains that rest is sometimes hard to achieve.

I don't know how many times I have had viral/bacterial pneumonia over the years. That is the one reason I mask up when I get around a crowd of people.

14. I wouldn't go get it on purpose. I won't panic if/when I do get it. Live your life, take some reasonable precautions and deal with it if it happens. Don't worry, be happy!

15. No. I had covid 19 and it was rough. The toughest part was worrying about passing it to my family members in the house.

16. If you're serious, you can easily find out where the virus exists, and then go there.

17. You might pick up something doing this...

8REf.gif

18. Nope. Over 70 and already have cancer and other complications from agent orange. Thanks for asking, but I'll wait if you don't mind.

19. I wouldn’t either. The heart damage showing up in some victims is rather disconcerting.
    Too much is unknown.

Once cooler weather starts up along with kids going back to school, I’m expecting another surge. We’ll likely switch over to half mask respirators. Our MSA half mask arrived today. I’ll be able to compare the wearability to our 3M respirators.

My wife, along with other Healthcare professionals in this area are expecting real trouble this fall.

I’m also watching another outbreak in China of unknown etiology. It does appear to be tickborne at this stage. If so, it’s nothing to be concerned about. Ah, China. It’s always China.

20. If you haven’t done done so, please purchase a P100 half mask respirator. They are still fairly cheap and filters are available.

If you have any questions, message me. I’ve been doing a lot of research on respirators. It’s my new hobby.

21. Negative. I have a history of chronic bronchitis and pneumonia. I also have older family members who would likely die if I passed it on to them.

As long as I don't have to physically go back to the office I should be fine. I am already an antisocial reprobate, so work is the only possible source of contact with other humans who are not quarantining as well.

22. I remember the chicken pox party when I was around 9 years old...and the next week or so scratching and stinking of calamine lotion. My little sisters had it too at the same time.

23. It is stupid, monumentally stupid, especially coming from a smoker.

We're in the middle of our first surge and it's not going well.

My wife is currently working in a hospital again after being pulled from her regular cushy job. She was told to expect to be in her assignment for about a month. I told her to expect three. I don't have a good feeling about the next few months.

24. No. I prefer to wait....
    Intentionally getting this virus, ESPECIALLY if you are overweight, or smoke, are over 50, etc. is the height of stupidity.
    In fact if you take the DSM literally it could be considered insanity

There's an oral antiviral going through trials right now that is showing a lot of promise...

Also remdesivir and dexamethasone are in short supply, but there is a LOT more coming down the pike....

This is a frustrating time for all of us. It's effected me personally and I don't like it, but this is nutty

25. Because the chances of death or health problems are astronomically slim unless you're already sick or very old. Because I rather be exposed now while I'm healthy vs in the future when I'm not. This is the reason why tbe flu isn't as deadly to those who have compromised immune systems... Because they were exposed when they were healthy, and they're body has already built up antibodies. It's no different that the plethora of other viruses and colds humans face now and in the future. It's why many Native Americans died when settlers came, all the while the settlers who had the same diseases got sick and got better... It's how nature is designed.

So no, if you're not a senior citizen or have other serious health problems, no it's not stupid to catch it. Logically, it's dumber not to. I don't wear a mask, I never got a flu shot, I don't do none of that crap, yet Im alive and kicking despite the annual media fear mongering.

You know what else is stupid, wearing a mask, not going to work, not socializing, and going deep into debt for the rest of your life over this flu like virus.... It's inevitable that you'll eventually will be exposed, so who ruin your way of life and the American economy over something that will still happen either way. Common sense and critical thinking is as rare as dying from this virus....

26. Yep. I have a dimple in my forehead where I couldn't keep from scratching.

27. Syphilis, gonorrhea and COVID are all diseases I'm avoiding through common sense measures.

28. Be certain to wear a P100 condom. Safety first.

29. I AM a Senior Citizen and am holding out for a vaccine.

Well, there are common sense measures and there are public health measures.
    I don't recall any controversy over polio vaccine when they were closing swimming pools in the summer and showing warehouses full of patients in iron lungs.
    I got DPT and smallpox vaccinations, too. Who didn't? Nobody bothers with smallpox any more, it is allegedly eradicated except maybe for biowar inventories.
    I was in the large scale field test of mumps vaccine, generally healthy male college students were perfect guinea pigs. A classmate didn't and caught the mumps as a young adult. He was one sick kitten.

30. Will I live my life & help my neighbor even if it elevates my risk a bit? Yes.

Will I intentionally expose myself to a novel virus with an unknown likelihood of either helping or hurting me by doing so? No.

31. Those 3 aren't even remotely the same.

32. Already had cancer, so no biggie.

33. I am researching these now. Can you provide info on the size because they are listed at S, M, and L?

34. Is the important info known yet? I hear “if you get it, in 3 months you can get it again. (Or 6, 9, 12 months). That it’s worse the next time...
    If it’s one, and done. (Measles type.). You get sick, get well, are not spreading it after well, can’t get it again.
    So more info needed.

35. I am researching these now. Can you provide info on the size because they are listed at S, M, and L?

36. Most have already had it and have no clue they did.

37. I’ve had the Smallpox vaccination twice. Once as a kid and again in the Air Force.
    I have an uncle that wound up with Polio. Lost the use of one leg. He was lucky. Decades later he wound up with Post Polio Syndrome.

The problem with SARS CoV 2 is that we have no idea what the long term effects of this virus are.

Bioweapons are a subject that bothers me the most. Researching this was part of my job. It turned my wife and I into preppers. The latest information I can find on this subject is 17 years outdated. Dual expression viruses were a reality back then. God only knows what they have now. China has been working on race targeted Bioweapons. Fortunately this is a very unlikely weapon that would work on us. Too many different races and too much racial mixing to make this viable. I’m far more concerned about their ongoing carelessness.

38. I won’t seek it out, but, I’m not cowering in fear of it. I’m living life and not worrying about.

39. No way. I don't want to win a Darwin award

40. considering I have had it.. you would have to be a Grade A1 moron to purposefully want to get it..

41. To get out of prison.

42. Read post 25. It's no big deal.

43. I never heard of chickenpox partys 'till recently. I can't believe people would expose their kid to anything intentionally.

Now you'll all get to deal with shingles in your elder years.

44. LOL some peoples kid I tell ya

45. Yes I can. Medium will fit 95% of all adults. The 3M 6000 and 7000 half mask respirators are lightweight, inexpensive, and comfortable. There’s also a lot of filter/cartridge choices. The 7000 series are a bit more comfortable and a bit more expensive. All of the 6000 and 7000 series use the bayonet attachment. The 2091 particulate filters will protect against BioAgents and dust, however, these are becoming scarce and more expensive.

If you live in a city where riots are a possibility, the 60926 cartridges are an excellent choice. These have the olive colored NIOSH labels and are CBRN rated. Use with goggles and you’re ready for just about everything.

Any questions, just send me a message. I’ve spent several weeks researching these.

46. I’m ambivalent either way. If I get it, I get it. Maybe it kills me, maybe it won’t, maybe I get serious sequela, maybe I won’t.

47. I can attest the the fit of the 3M 7500 series half face mask. Willison went kaput and I needed to replace the old half face mask. I thought I needed a large size but at the time I ordered none were available and got the medium. I don't have any problems achieving a good facial seal with this mask.

I use the adapter plates and an N95 prefilter for mowing because of my allergies but I also have other cartridges available for use here on the farm.

48. NO!

Some people die, some people don't, but still have a rough time.

I'd rather not take the chance of being in either group.

49. C'mon.. unless you are an 80 year old with COPD you'll breaze right through it, ice cream headaches are more serious, you might as well go roll around in a bag of biowaste from your local hospital's covid ward...
    I've read that right here....

50. No. I would hate to ruin my cheating death winning streak.