Would You Purposely Get CoV-19 If You Could?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by M&P15T, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Westexas

Westexas

Zoro.com and Amazon carry the 60926 cartridge. These will fit your respirator. NIOSH CBRN rated.

flyover likes this.
  2. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

I have a pretty robust immune system. I haven't had a sick day in 10 years and that was due to a severe injury on the job. I'm not worried about myself, but I don't want to pass it on to others who might not fare so well.

Maccabeus and Westexas like this.

3. Westexas

Westexas

What cartridges do you have? Are you sure you really want to trade P100 filters for N95’s? The protection from a P100 is over 1,600 times better than an N95.

I find that properly fitted 3M 7000 series respirators are very comfortable and can be worn for an extended period of time.

We have two N95 and 6 (I think) P95 masks. I would trade in a heartbeat, but my wife wants these for work (hospital lab).

4. icantpick

icantpick Señor Member

Doesn't the P mean petroleum resistant? If so, we're all in trouble in the condom department.

5. Westexas

Westexas

As I recall, the “R” designates oil resistant. “P” indicates that this is designed to handle oil droplets and is quite impervious to penetration.

Hmm, that last statement could be taken wrong.

6. tommyd78

tommyd78

Knowing someone who went from home to a hospital and spent almost a month on a ventilator then dying I will say no. He was only 64 and overweight, I would say I was in a lot better shape than him but still nope.

Westexas likes this.
  7. flyover

flyover

Just a note, while 3M mask filters that use the bayonet attachment are interchangeable, some of the parts, like the gaskets and inhalation/exhalation valves will interchange in certain masks.

Westexas and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  8. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Interesting. You've given me something to read up on.

When it comes to blood, I'm still operating with the basic groups of A, B, AB, and O. Now I've got to catch up on these other categories.

You learn something new every day.

Westexas likes this.
  9. Kaptn Less

Kaptn Less

I’m not scared, I just don’t want it.
    I don’t want to spread it to my wife, in laws, siblings or kids.

[​IMG]

This is My daily PPE.

Papa

10. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

I’d trade some 7093 P100 cartridges for N95 masks. I find the Medium half mask comfortable too, but an N95 ends up being more practical for my day to day work situations. I want to get some N95’s without the coolbreathe valves so it protects both ways. An N95 is still orders of magnitude more effective than cloth masks are.

11. flyover

flyover

https://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/respi...Each series (N, R,,longer than one work shift.

There are nine classes of particulate filters which are broken down into three series: N, R, and P. Each series (N, R, and P) is available at three efficiency levels: 95%, 99%, and 99.97%. The N series filter is used in environments free of oil mists. The R series filters can be exposed to oil mists, but should only be worn for one work shift. The P filter can be exposed to oil mists for longer than one work shift.

10or45, Hartford and Westexas like this.
  12. Westexas

Westexas

Is that a Northern half mask or another brand?

13. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

I know that feeling. A Gypsy long ago told me I was going to live a long time and I have had so many close calls I used to think I had 9 lives, but I'll try to avoid CV until herd immunity is reached.

Westexas likes this.
  14. Westexas

Westexas

The ABO system is just one of over 50 blood groups. The worst time I ever had was back in the early eighties. A patient came into the ER hemorrhaging. I set up a crossmatch and antibody screen. Both of the screening cells were positive and the units of blood were incompatible. After antigen testing of the patient and running a panel I was able to determine that she was a homozygous Kell (KK) blood type with an anti Cellano (k) antibody. One out of 500 people compatible. The local blood center found only 2 units of blood (frozen in glycerin solution) in the entire state that were compatible. Had to be thawed and deglycerilized and flown in by jet. That was a night I’ll never forget.

Recently I donated platelets and the technicians told me that the Blood Bank Manager was moving. They asked if I was interested, I just laughed.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    Maccabeus likes this.
  15. Westexas

Westexas

That’s my goal. Once fall hits I’M switching to P100 respirators. I’m too old to care what people think. I’m in that higher risk age group.

I’ve watched a woman die in front of me gasping for breath and crying out in pain. That’s stayed with me for over thirty years.

16. flyover

flyover

Filters are marked Honeywell, I don't know if they interchange between brands.

Westexas likes this.
  17. Westexas

Westexas

Yeah, I forgot about that brand. Does it use the bayonet fittings? I believe they are interchangeable between brands, but I don’t know for sure.

18. Westexas

Westexas

You might find respirators to be an interesting subject as well, especially the history and different types. 3M and MSA have a lot of technical information on their sites.

Healthcare practitioners in this area are very concerned about this fall and winter. Time will tell.

Maccabeus and flyover like this.
  19. flyover

flyover

Found this. Sounds like they are interchangeable. Good news if true.

https://www.respiratormaskprotectio...made to be,3M and Honeywell North respirators.

Respirator cartridges are removable, exchangeable plastic pieces that are eventually soiled and replaced. You can extend the life of your respirator cartridges with a pre filter and add an additional layer of protection with a N95 or P100 HEPA filter. These filters are NIOSH approved to guard against 99.7% of particulate and can greatly upgrade the efficiency and lifespan of your respirator cartridges. They are made to be compatible with Honeywell North and 3M masks, so you will have no issue adding filters to your cartridges. There are a variety of filters to choose from, for both 3M and Honeywell North respirators.

Westexas likes this.
  20. Westexas

Westexas

I see that the pre filters are compatible. Does that apply to the connection (bayonet fitting) as well? That would be great if the bayonet attachment was universal.

MSA has some particulate filters with the bayonet attachment. It would be great to use them on our
    3M 6052, 7052, and 7088 respirators. The 3M 7092 filters are getting pricey and scarce.

flyover likes this.