Would You Purposely Get CoV-19 If You Could?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by M&P15T, Aug 4, 2020.

1. screwman

screwman

To get out of prison.

10or45 and Westexas like this.
  2. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Read post 25. It's no big deal.

3. screwman

screwman

I never heard of chickenpox partys 'till recently. I can't believe people would expose their kid to anything intentionally.

Now you'll all get to deal with shingles in your elder years.

Westexas likes this.
  4. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

LOL some peoples kid I tell ya

5. Westexas

Westexas

Yes I can. Medium will fit 95% of all adults. The 3M 6000 and 7000 half mask respirators are lightweight, inexpensive, and comfortable. There’s also a lot of filter/cartridge choices. The 7000 series are a bit more comfortable and a bit more expensive. All of the 6000 and 7000 series use the bayonet attachment. The 2091 particulate filters will protect against BioAgents and dust, however, these are becoming scarce and more expensive.

If you live in a city where riots are a possibility, the 60926 cartridges are an excellent choice. These have the olive colored NIOSH labels and are CBRN rated. Use with goggles and you’re ready for just about everything.

Any questions, just send me a message. I’ve spent several weeks researching these.

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  6. nursetim

nursetim

I’m ambivalent either way. If I get it, I get it. Maybe it kills me, maybe it won’t, maybe I get serious sequela, maybe I won’t.

10or45, billy_56081, Westexas and 2 others like this.
  7. flyover

flyover

I can attest the the fit of the 3M 7500 series half face mask. Willison went kaput and I needed to replace the old half face mask. I thought I needed a large size but at the time I ordered none were available and got the medium. I don't have any problems achieving a good facial seal with this mask.

I use the adapter plates and an N95 prefilter for mowing because of my allergies but I also have other cartridges available for use here on the farm.

10or45, Mr Meeseeks and Westexas like this.
  8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

NO!

Some people die, some people don't, but still have a rough time.

I'd rather not take the chance of being in either group.

Westexas and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  9. thespork

thespork

C'mon.. unless you are an 80 year old with COPD you'll breaze right through it, ice cream headaches are more serious, you might as well go roll around in a bag of biowaste from your local hospital's covid ward...
    I've read that right here....

tacit mesa likes this.
  10. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

No. I would hate to ruin my cheating death winning streak.

11. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

Yeah, I will go to him from now on for all my medical advice and needs LOL

thespork likes this.
  12. racerford

racerford

Given all the articles that I have read where biologist said that races don’t exist in humans, either the Chinese do not believe it, it is not true (politics at work), or as you say, not really feasible without hitting different people than they expect.

Westexas likes this.
  13. flyover

flyover

I would think that discovering the set of genes that determines the, what I will call, racial ethnicity (white, black, oriental and such) would be nearly impossible. We are after all one race- the human race.

SevenSixtyTwo, Westexas and Maccabeus like this.
  14. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

+1

Considering two "whites" can sometimes be more genetically diverse than a white and a black that could have more genetic traits in common. Or not. The person who's a match to be my organ donor may not look like me at all. The differences aren't as clear cut as the racists obsessed about skin color like to believe.

SevenSixtyTwo, Westexas and flyover like this.
  15. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Best post in the thread - bar none.

SevenSixtyTwo and Westexas like this.
  16. Westexas

Westexas

Not to mention the fact that they are all pretty much one race. Much less genetic diversity than us.

Surprisingly, the Israelis are believed to have the most advanced Bio Research facilities in the world.

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  17. Westexas

Westexas

Yes. They would need to find a gene common to all the people in the U.S., but not China.

Good luck with that. Extremely unlikely.

Of course, they will continue to do their research and likely have another accident.

Maccabeus likes this.
  18. Mister Clean

Mister Clean

I am the oldest of 4 siblings. When I came home from the 2nd grade with chicken pox my mother made me play with my siblings on purpose so that they would also come down with it at the same time. Same thing when I came down with mumps and measles.

The way that my mother explained it . . . she would rather deal with all 4 of us sick at the same time . . . rather than one at a time.

She figured we would all come down with it eventually anyway. But 3 diseases times 4 kids one at a time = 12 sick spells. And 3 diseases times 4 kids all at once = 3 sick spells.

She had a king size bed in her bedroom. When we all got sick at the same time she turned her bedroom into the "sick bay" and let us all be sick together and eat, sleep, play and watch TV together.

19. Westexas

Westexas

Certain blood types can be somewhat race specific. For example, more blacks than whites are FyA,FyB negative.
    About 1% of blacks are U negative. As far as we know, all whites are U positive. Bombay or H negative is another one. Rarest blood type on earth. People with this blood type originally come from around the Bombay area of India. Probably less than a few hundred in the entire world.

Maccabeus and flyover like this.
  20. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

If anybody needs a rebuild kit for their half mask, PM me. Will gladly drop some gaskets in the mail. If anyone wants to trade P100 cartridges for N95 masks, I’m open to that as well.

Do I want to get it? Hell no. I could easily get it tomorrow. I’ll be going into three critical infrastructure facilities that use prison labor, all had COVID cases last month. Just not wearing a mask would be my golden ticket to a potentially agonizing disease and a whooping 3 months of immunity! I think I’ll sport an N100 tomorrow..

48AE320D-0AFC-4FBC-9C6F-AF00A4ACB4C8.jpeg

6B04F388-7DEF-435D-B35D-080066CB344E.jpeg

Westexas likes this.