Would You Purposely Get CoV-19 If You Could?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by M&P15T, Aug 4, 2020.

1. spork

spork Caffeinator

Negative. I have a history of chronic bronchitis and pneumonia. I also have older family members who would likely die if I passed it on to them.

As long as I don't have to physically go back to the office I should be fine. I am already an antisocial reprobate, so work is the only possible source of contact with other humans who are not quarantining as well.

2. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

I remember the chicken pox party when I was around 9 years old...and the next week or so scratching and stinking of calamine lotion. My little sisters had it too at the same time.

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Liberals 'R Bad!!!!

It is stupid, monumentally stupid, especially coming from a smoker.

We're in the middle of our first surge and it's not going well.

My wife is currently working in a hospital again after being pulled from her regular cushy job. She was told to expect to be in her assignment for about a month. I told her to expect three. I don't have a good feeling about the next few months.

4. thespork

thespork

No. I prefer to wait....
    Intentionally getting this virus, ESPECIALLY if you are overweight, or smoke, are over 50, etc. is the height of stupidity.
    In fact if you take the DSM literally it could be considered insanity

There's an oral antiviral going through trials right now that is showing a lot of promise...

Also remdesivir and dexamethasone are in short supply, but there is a LOT more coming down the pike....

This is a frustrating time for all of us. It's effected me personally and I don't like it, but this is nutty

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  5. MrS&W

MrS&W

Because the chances of death or health problems are astronomically slim unless you're already sick or very old. Because I rather be exposed now while I'm healthy vs in the future when I'm not. This is the reason why tbe flu isn't as deadly to those who have compromised immune systems... Because they were exposed when they were healthy, and they're body has already built up antibodies. It's no different that the plethora of other viruses and colds humans face now and in the future. It's why many Native Americans died when settlers came, all the while the settlers who had the same diseases got sick and got better... It's how nature is designed.

So no, if you're not a senior citizen or have other serious health problems, no it's not stupid to catch it. Logically, it's dumber not to. I don't wear a mask, I never got a flu shot, I don't do none of that crap, yet Im alive and kicking despite the annual media fear mongering.

You know what else is stupid, wearing a mask, not going to work, not socializing, and going deep into debt for the rest of your life over this flu like virus.... It's inevitable that you'll eventually will be exposed, so who ruin your way of life and the American economy over something that will still happen either way. Common sense and critical thinking is as rare as dying from this virus....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    PSUEng and redneck ron like this.
  6. spork

spork Caffeinator

Yep. I have a dimple in my forehead where I couldn't keep from scratching.

7. tacit mesa

tacit mesa

Syphilis, gonorrhea and COVID are all diseases I'm avoiding through common sense measures.

8. Westexas

Westexas

Be certain to wear a P100 condom. Safety first.

9. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I AM a Senior Citizen and am holding out for a vaccine.

Well, there are common sense measures and there are public health measures.
    I don't recall any controversy over polio vaccine when they were closing swimming pools in the summer and showing warehouses full of patients in iron lungs.
    I got DPT and smallpox vaccinations, too. Who didn't? Nobody bothers with smallpox any more, it is allegedly eradicated except maybe for biowar inventories.
    I was in the large scale field test of mumps vaccine, generally healthy male college students were perfect guinea pigs. A classmate didn't and caught the mumps as a young adult. He was one sick kitten.

10. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Will I live my life & help my neighbor even if it elevates my risk a bit? Yes.

Will I intentionally expose myself to a novel virus with an unknown likelihood of either helping or hurting me by doing so? No.

Hartford and Mugsie1 like this.
  11. MrS&W

MrS&W

Those 3 aren't even remotely the same.

10or45 likes this.
  12. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

Already had cancer, so no biggie.

13. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I am researching these now. Can you provide info on the size because they are listed at S, M, and L?

14. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Is the important info known yet? I hear “if you get it, in 3 months you can get it again. (Or 6, 9, 12 months). That it’s worse the next time...
    If it’s one, and done. (Measles type.). You get sick, get well, are not spreading it after well, can’t get it again.
    So more info needed.

Mr Meeseeks likes this.
  15. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I am researching these now. Can you provide info on the size because they are listed at S, M, and L?

16. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Most have already had it and have no clue they did.

M&P15T, 10or45, billy_56081 and 3 others like this.
  17. Westexas

Westexas

I’ve had the Smallpox vaccination twice. Once as a kid and again in the Air Force.
    I have an uncle that wound up with Polio. Lost the use of one leg. He was lucky. Decades later he wound up with Post Polio Syndrome.

The problem with SARS CoV 2 is that we have no idea what the long term effects of this virus are.

Bioweapons are a subject that bothers me the most. Researching this was part of my job. It turned my wife and I into preppers. The latest information I can find on this subject is 17 years outdated. Dual expression viruses were a reality back then. God only knows what they have now. China has been working on race targeted Bioweapons. Fortunately this is a very unlikely weapon that would work on us. Too many different races and too much racial mixing to make this viable. I’m far more concerned about their ongoing carelessness.

larry_minn and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  18. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

I won’t seek it out, but, I’m not cowering in fear of it. I’m living life and not worrying about.

19. Glockbug

Glockbug Essential Deplorable

No way. I don't want to win a Darwin award

SevenSixtyTwo likes this.
  20. Majestic9C1

Majestic9C1 You're Going to Love my Nuts

considering I have had it.. you would have to be a Grade A1 moron to purposefully want to get it..