Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Why do adults need to ask others what to do for something as trivial as a gun trade ? Decide if you will use the lever gun for something other than taking up safe space or are you afraid of the current ar15 outrage . Then trade or not as its your choice

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I have both.

While I believe the Colt is worth more, my 94 gets much more use.

As stated above however, I'd hang on to your AR. The future of evil black rifle ownership is murky at best.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Why do adults need to ask others what to do for something as trivial as a gun trade ? Decide if you will use the lever gun for something other than taking up safe space or are you afraid of the current ar15 outrage . Then trade or not as its your choice
Because, sometimes when you are on the fence about something it good to bounce off the questions to like-minded people. :D

·
Registered
4,170 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor
5,779 Posts
Depends.

For shooting, the 1894 was designed for a rifle cartridge and downsized for a pistol cartridge. While this worked well for the downsize of the 1886 to the 1892, I don't think it worked as well for the 1894. It feels chunky and I don't think very many use 1894's in SASS preferring 1873's, 1892's, and Marlin 1894's.

As far a collectability, there are so many AR type weapons (for now) vs 1894's in 44 magnum.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,819 Posts
Nope

·
M62/76
13,135 Posts
A handy, pistol-caliber carbine is hard to beat IMO. That said, to echo other posters, if the Colt is your only AR I'd hang onto it. If not, I'd make that trade in a second.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.