Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys who've had problems with your Gen4, would u gladly take a Gen3 replacement for your Gen4 if Glock offered the option?

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
If it was a problem Glock couldn't fix or send me a new Gen 4 gun, I would take a Gen 3. So far I have not encountered that situation first hand but for those who have this would be a nice option. Just gotta get the paperwork out the way and its a good solution for some. Good idea.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No. All of my Gen4's have been 100%, just like many others on this board. Most of the people you see throwing the Gen4 under the bus don't have one and/or have never shot one.

It is really easy to hide behind a keyboard and jump on the Gen4 bashing bus.

·
Banned
466 Posts
More Gen 4 myth and tears.....:crying:

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
I went one step ahead, I went to pick up a gen 4, but the dealer brought out a gen 3 by mistake. Anyway, I held the gen 3 in my hand and it came to me that this must be some sort of sign to get the gen 3 instead. Why you say, well, because I thought that I will not have to wonder if the gun will be flawless or have problems. However, if Glock had that kind of program, I would have got the Gen 4, first.:cool:

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
No. All of my Gen4's have been 100%, just like many others on this board. Most of the people you see throwing the Gen4 under the bus don't have one and/or have never shot one.

Have you been reading the threads about all the gen 4 owners with problems? I guess not.:cool:

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Was glocktalk here when Gen 3s came out? Was there this much animosity towards Generation 3s?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nope.... I love my gen 3 but with that I have only held a gen 4 I just don't like that rough grip....much to rough for my soft hands.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

We should always want our favorite brand to succeed.... I want a Gen4, not sure what model I'll use my PRECIOUS GSSF Discount on...but we all should have a VESTED interest in seeing these problems fixed GREAT and small, OVEREXAGERAED and minuscule in nature. I earnestly believe that Glock will come thru for us....Besides, a whooooooole lot of eyes are looking at this and lucrative contracts will ride on Glocks continued success...

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went one step ahead, I went to pick up a gen 4, but the dealer brought out a gen 3 by mistake. Anyway, I held the gen 3 in my hand and it came to me that this must be some sort of sign to get the gen 3 instead. Why you say, well, because I thought that I will not have to wonder if the gun will be flawless or have problems. However, if Glock had that kind of program, I would have got the Gen 4, first.:cool:
I bet the HALLELUJIA CHORUS PLAYED AS U FONDLED IT AND A WHITE LIGHT WAS CAST FROM ON HIGH...lol!:rofl:

·
FL Glocker #182
1,160 Posts
I have a better idea. Anyone who does not like their Gen 4 can just send it to me. PM me for my address and I will happily receive your cast-off. I am being serious.

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
Nope.... I love my gen 3 but with that I have only held a gen 4 I just don't like that rough grip....much to rough for my soft hands.
Wait, hold the phone..... are all gen4's RTF??? :wow:

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Was glocktalk here when Gen 3s came out? Was there this much animosity towards Generation 3s?
Read post #20 and remember that some not mine Gen 3 G22 had issues with Surefire and Streamlight weapon mounted lights. And then there is another huge thread about the Gen 3 G30 SF FTRB. Most Gen 3's were perfect but sometimes the road to perfection takes some tweaks.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1311464

·
Gen4 BETATester
5,297 Posts
Just got the new spring in for my Gen 4 G17 so I will know weather or not tomorrow If I am happy with the Gen 4 or wish i gotten a Gen 3 or a different gun all together. I was having FTF using any 115gr ammo.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Have you been reading the threads about all the gen 4 owners with problems? I guess not.:cool:
Yes, I have. But every small thread turns into a Gen4 bashing contest on this forum. Do the Gen4's need a spring change? Maybe, my 2 haven't. Should you shoot hotter ammo for the first 100 rounds? I didn't and mine function 100%.
I have shot every type of ammo from the weak Federal junk to Speer Lawman (awesome practice ammo) with no problems.

I also know at least 10 people with Gen4's ranging from when they first came out until recent purchases. None of these people have had ANY malfunctions with their Gen4s.

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Yes, I have. But every small thread turns into a Gen4 bashing contest on this forum. Do the Gen4's need a spring change? Maybe, my 2 haven't. Should you shoot hotter ammo for the first 100 rounds? I didn't and mine function 100%.
I have shot every type of ammo from the weak Federal junk to Speer Lawman (awesome practice ammo) with no problems.

I also know at least 10 people with Gen4's ranging from when they first came out until recent purchases. None of these people have had ANY malfunctions with their Gen4s.
We do know that many people have had flawless guns from the start, however, there was and still is a problem with numerous of these guns. Hence, the Glock Inc. started to respond by issuing the new lighter spring. (Some owners have issues with other gen 4's besides the G19) Do you think a huge company like Glock would have done this if there was not a known issue? Anyway, I just replied to your post which I think was not fear to all the members who have had issues, and who have refrained from getting one at this time.
Have a good one...:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seems like all of the gen 4 issues have been resolved from what I've read. Swap the spring and you're good to go, or just lock the slide back for a week.

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
I would. But, since they don't, I sold my Gen4 (G19) and went back to the Gen3, and I am happy.

I bought an original first issue Gen4 G19 back in January '10 when they came out, and it came with the 03 spring, I had Feed issues, later someone on here gave me an 04 spring to try, and it produced alot more issues. I am not a patient person, so I went back to the Gen3 RTF2 and have had zero problems since. Not sure if the problems were with the early Gen4's or what, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it. I had real problems, that didn't go away with a spring change. I am not a Glock hater by any means, i love Glocks, but I do think that there is an issue somewhere along the line that needs addressing by something more than two springs. I understand that everyone produces lemons or flawed items at some point, just like anything else in the supply chain, but since my life depends on this, I wasn't comfortable. Simple.

Why is it that when I used an adapter and a gen3 spring in the gen4, did it work 100%?? Good question huh?

·
Banned
466 Posts
Not this stuff again over a stronger spring.:faint:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts