close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Would you ever consider cloning your pet?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by bachchoy, Jan 15, 2005.

1. bachchoy

bachchoy Bond

I'm sitting here with my beloved pooch at my side. I can't help but to notice all the gray my black pug has. I dread the day, I will have to put her down or bury her. I've lost both cats and dogs growing up, but this is the first pet I ever personally got attached to.

I wonder sometimes if I would clone her if possible.

2. Glennbo

Glennbo

Don't ever do it. It will be different in all the important ways. There are too many dogs out there who need a good home.

3. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

you wouldnt get the results you think you would , and later would regret it . they wont be the same dog .

hj

4. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

i would NEVER do it.

all other things aside, i couldn't deal with the 1 1/2 year puppyhood of being bad my Reagan has gone through.

that said...shes been (and will be) a great girl to have for a puppy. i'd never want another one of her...i'd either not want another dog after her, or i'd want a dog with a different personality and different traits. thats pretty much all i got ;)

5. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

amen!! You need to go get another when this one passes....you will be glad.....

Something to think about, you know Dolly the Sheep that they made from a clone?? Well, she has shown premature aging and some health probs, including arthritis and other problem far earlier than they expected.......

They do not have this cloning stuff figured out yet.......

I thought it would be nice to clone my beloved Joshua that I lost in July, but decided to rescue TWO siamese instead.....glad I did......

I think the kitten (who was born a month after Josh passed) is him reincarnated in some of the things he does (it is errie!!).......that to me is more comfort in knowing that I think Joshua had a part in the kitten's personality and maybe even part of his soul or spirit......

6. Slobberchops

Slobberchops WTF?!?!?

Nope....I don't think it would be fair, the expectations would be to great!

And there are PLENTY of worth companions out there looking for a new home!

:)

7. Frostback

Frostback

Not a chance, and I hopefully won't have to worry about it. My African Grey should have a good forty or fifty years left in him, and I don't think I do! He's probably going to be at MY funeral. I don't believe they can clone birds right now anyway.

Frosty

8. Squid.HM2

Squid.HM2

Consider..yes, Do it..NO I have the next best thing same blood line :)

9. Akita

Akita gone

Yes.
    A huge + would be knowing what problems to look out for and the ability to correct my mistakes the 1st time around.
    But there's that nasty telomere length problem to solve first.