Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

· You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,968 Posts
Can't afford pretty. Each of my few guns are tools that do something the others don't

· NRA Life Member
32,719 Posts
I've spent that much money on a gun before,

but not a pistol. :supergrin:

Reactions: Dynactus

· NRA Benefactor
6,150 Posts
If I had the disposable income. It is not a necessity, it does not fill any need that I have at this particular time or in the near future, and I don't believe it could be considered a good investment.

I have spent more on guns. Some for investment, some for use, some because I had the disposable income and just wanted it.

Reactions: rayzer007

· Premium Member
11,618 Posts
There's three reason's I can think of:
1. Pistol shooting is your livelihood, so you spend whatever it takes.
2. Your a poor shooter and someone has convinced you (Not a Friend) that the more you spend, the better you'll get.
3. Your a showoff that can't wait to brag how much you spent. Gun Broker is full of people who just have to have that 1873 Colt Single Action Army that Billy the Kid once held.

· Registered
676 Posts
View attachment 372129
Damn nice double stack Wilson Combat 9mm.....mmmmmmmmmm good
I like the Wilson, I'm sure it's a great pistola.

I can't drop that kind of jingle on a gun just yet. But I really liked the concept, so I went about making my own version. Instead of a 1911 platform, I went with the CZ P-01 Omega. It's about the same size overall, and I swapped out the decocker for the thumb safety, and installed some TFX's. I'm very happy with the results. Plus for the 9mm as a platform, I would actually rather have the CZ 75 over the 1911.

Mine was probably around $700 start to finish when you add in the night sights and the grips. It's not a $2800 custom gun by any means, but let me tell you, it is one sweet shooting EDC.

· Premium Member
11,618 Posts
I like the Wilson, I'm sure it's a great pistola.

I can't drop that kind of jingle on a gun just yet. But I really liked the concept, so I went about making my own version. Instead of a 1911 platform, I went with the CZ P-01 Omega. It's about the same size overall, and I swapped out the decocker for the thumb safety, and installed some TFX's. I'm very happy with the results. Plus for the 9mm as a platform, I would actually rather have the CZ 75 over the 1911.

Mine was probably around $700 start to finish when you add in the night sights and the grips. It's not a $2800 custom gun by any means, but let me tell you, it is one sweet shooting EDC.

I'm with you.

· Friends Call Me "Flash"
6,542 Posts
Since you asked..........................

I've owned several high end rifles and pistols but enjoyed shooting cheaper firearms and getting superb scores out of them. That rings the bell for me!

Flash

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Wilson makes a fine handgun, but there are all sorts of things that make me lose interest immediately. I don't like the serrations. I prefer full size 1911 models and I prefer them single stack. I'm not a fan of bull barrels on a 1911, although, I have made exceptions for a couple of 10mm models. I'm also not a fan of aluminum frames or external extractors on a 1911. In short, my problem is not with the price.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
I would love to have that pistol but I really don't have a need for it.

You could probably out shoot that Wilson Combat with a dumb ole awesome CZ P09 that costs less than 1/4 of the cost. And it will hold an amazing 20 rounds.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.