Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
68,962 Posts
Not personally, no. I'm not doubting the quality, but it's a 9mm. And will probably have issues because the tolerances are so tight.
I agree. For $2,800 I can buy a whole bag of 9mm or bigger caliber pistols that will work just as well and probably be more reliable for longer. $2,000 of the price is just for the right to show it to people and tell them how cool it is.

Reactions: Cambo

·
Registered
17,509 Posts
Assuming some other items further up my list were already checked off (they're not) and there was enough money in the gun pig (there isn't atm), sure.

Edit: actually, after a few minutes thinking about it, no I probably wouldn't buy it. Not b/c of the price, but b/c I assume that even though it's basically 1911 inside, the individual bits and pieces are probably proprietary to this pistol. No thanks. I would, and may someday, buy a Wilson (or Brown, Nighthawk, etc) fullsize 1911 at that price or more.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
Just because a gun looks nicer and is more expensive, that doesn't mean that people necessarily buy it to show off. Same applies to cars, boats, houses, everything.

I think the Wilson looks great. A bunch of quality 1911 cost a lot more, so this isn't out of the world.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I'm practicing for retirement (frugality sucks :D ), so no.

I'm sure it is a good quality piece, but even if I were inclined to spend that much on a handgun, the aesthetics of that one would not have me reaching for my wallet.

·
Registered
19,817 Posts
I saw the title of the thread was, "would you buy this for $2800" and I said, "not unless it is a car."

Reactions: Paul53
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.