GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
20,413 Posts
Well had they left a door hanger, or note we would have know. Someone else I spoke with mention maybe they did not want to spend the money on a person walking the effected area, and leave a notice, or door hanger.

This was predictable event, I sure it was planned by utility company, but they did not do what they could have done to advise of of the time the water would be off.

It was not Five Star Customer Service IMHO. Customer Service is more then two word, it what seperate great companies, from so so companies.

They used to put notices about this kinda stuff in the local newspaper but that was 40 years ago. lol

/

·
Anti-Federalist
17,555 Posts
They used to put notices about this kinda stuff in the local newspaper but that was 40 years ago. lol

/
Planned outage messages are included with our bill.

·
Rational
14,219 Posts
I live in a trailer park that's being "updated", and the clowns that they hired to do the work broke two water mains two days in a row. Unbelievable the amounts of incompetence that is out there because of COVID. Companies are just hiring any ol' Joe Blow to drive a tractor.

The first day it happened, everyone on the block, including myself, was without water for over 12 hours. Completely unacceptable.

The next day, when they broke ANOTHER main, thankfully my water stayed on. Sure made a hell of a mess in the road though.

And don't even get me started with the 5 power outages in 3 months either.....

·
NRA Life Member
63,377 Posts
I never get notified when my water is going to be off for repairs. Never thought it was a problem.

Reactions: ranger1968

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
I'm confused. Were you mad because there was no water or that your wife was screaming at you about it?

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I remember when the reclaimed water system in my neighborhood went out once for three whole hours and our sprinklers wouldn't work. My poor lawn was dying of thirst! :fist:

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
What do you do when the electricity goes out unexpectedly?
Go see a movie and freeze in their a/c for a couple of hours, shop at the indoor mall, lunch at Hooters, hit ColdStone for some ice cream, come back home and by then it's chilly again.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
It depends on what I was doing the minute the water stopped.

Was I in the shower, covered in soap steaming down my face? Then I'd be pissed.

Other than that, don't really care.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
think how many times they shut it off and you missed it because you were taking a nap

Well, then, they should have the courtesy to always shut it off only when the customer is taking a nap. How hard can it be to find out? :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Yes, I'd be insanly pissed at myself for moving away from my well and the water it delivers.

Wells are great 99% of the time. But when the pump dies, you're gonna be without water for a heck of a lot longer than a few hours. Ask me how I know x 3....

·
USN Retired
7,525 Posts
This thread has not gone the way the OP intended. :devildance:
But SO much better...at least for me. I didn't LOL at the OP, but so did at twelve or so, other posts.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,057 Posts
Well, then, they should have the courtesy to always shut it off only when the customer is taking a nap. How hard can it be to find out? :)
Fax them your nap schedule:ender:

Reactions: nrajeff

·
Come on man!!
14,342 Posts

Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
Premium Member
24,806 Posts
I wonder the cost to inform everyone water will be off is? Figure $20 per hr per worker at least. Just do the work. Most will figure it out, put it on company website, phone message.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Well today was a great customer service experence, called the company that made the Faucet in my Kitchen sink. DELTA.

Told the lady it leaking I am in need of a NEW Cartidge for the Faccet. Was told they have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. New part was shipped out at ZERO COST to me. Should have the fix early next week.

Nice someone support their product, and the part was in STOCK..

41 - 60 of 67 Posts