GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This am I having coffee cross town with my buddy, phone rings, wife is screaming we have no water anywhere in house. I reply I will be home in a few, like a 7 minute drive.

As I get close got home what is being shot in air water, apparently the a "third party contractor", is do a valve replacement, and we got shot off. This is planned service disruption.

I said I live over there point in direction of home, to one of the workers, and say why were there no notified of scheduled what're outage. Now this is funny, the guy say company canvassed yesterday knocking door. Mentioning he said they did not do door hanger, or fliers advise us. He said I know we told them too leave door hangers.

I did try to call customer service at actual water company to ask why no hanger's,or fliers. Lady put me on hold for supervisor, but after 30 minutes she promised a call back. Never got no call back, and think common sense is dead.

Just a while back I did see one of the water companies worker who actually work for water company, asked him why no door hanger, or notice left on door??

Explaining we are old, we do not always hear bell or door knock, some are very old & do not answer door for any unexpected reason, safety thing.

I asked do you have supervisor who holds meeting, he replied we do, I said tell him about this fiasco from your old customers prospective.

Lot of drama that could have been avoided with some communication, fliers, or door hangers. Wife is still pissed, say had I been in showed soaped up, and no water. I get the point.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Our water company sends out a telephone message describing what is happening. They offer bottles of free water at various pickup locations.

I have no problem with them shutting off the water for a few hours.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Perhaps a little annoyed, but more with the poor communication.

My wife would have called me too, but no screaming just a “hey we are without water”.

Screaming would have got her a “figure it out for yourself response”.

My expectations are very low for municipal services.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
A month or two ago, they shut off our water for half a day with no warning.
Yes, I was pissed!

·
Anti-Federalist
17,777 Posts
Anyone that has ever lived on an island or any area prone to natural disaster that doesn't bother to have the bare necessities set aside can just get what they get. Maybe after a couple of inconveniences you'll get with the program.

Reactions: ranger1968

·
Registered
24,681 Posts
My electricity goes out quit often. Water not an issue.

I will go 4 or 5 months without any issue and then have a power outage a few times a week for a month or more.

Sometimes it only goes out for a second - just enough to F up all the clocks -I have battery back up on TV and computer stuff - so it is not impacted - sometimes it will be out 30 minutes - sometime a few hours.

I have called the power company a few times - they will say they don't show any outage - did I check my breaker box?

But if I talk to the neighbors they also had a problem - so it is not just me.

One time they said they would check it out - and they called me back and said ants had gotten into a transformer - don't know if that is real - but I still lost power a few more times.

One guy that lives down the block that is on the same line as me and also looses power use to work for the power company - he said the line feeding us was designed for 120 homes and it has over 200 on it - but to fix it would cost $$$ and they don't want to spend it - I really don't know.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,092 Posts
think how many times they shut it off and you missed it because you were taking a nap

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Yes, I'd be insanly pissed at myself for moving away from my well and the water it delivers.

·
Registered
12,871 Posts
This am I having coffee cross town with my buddy, phone rings, wife is screaming we have no water anywhere in house. I reply I will be home in a few, like a 7 minute drive.

As I get close got home what is being shot in air water, apparently the a "third party contractor", is do a valve replacement, and we got shot off. This is planned service disruption.

I said I live over there point in direction of home, to one of the workers, and say why were there no notified of scheduled what're outage. Now this is funny, the guy say company canvassed yesterday knocking door. Mentioning he said they did not do door hanger, or fliers advise us. He said I know we told them too leave door hangers.

I did try to call customer service at actual water company to ask why no hanger's,or fliers. Lady put me on hold for supervisor, but after 30 minutes she promised a call back. Never got no call back, and think common sense is dead.

Just a while back I did see one of the water companies worker who actually work for water company, asked him why no door hanger, or notice left on door??

Explaining we are old, we do not always hear bell or door knock, some are very old & do not answer door for any unexpected reason, safety thing.

I asked do you have supervisor who holds meeting, he replied we do, I said tell him about this fiasco from your old customers prospective.

Lot of drama that could have been avoided with some communication, fliers, or door hangers. Wife is still pissed, say had I been in showed soaped up, and no water. I get the point.
Oh the outrage of first world problems....

You got a call with her "screaming about the water being shut off" ? Your wife sounds like a Karen...

·
Come on man!!
14,391 Posts
An afternoon without water would not bother me in the least.

When that polar vortex hit the southeast six or seven years ago our pipes froze and didn't thaw for three days.

I've lost power for a week straight due to a snow storm.

I didn't whine about any of it on GlockTalk.

YMMV...

·
Come on man!!
14,391 Posts
I bet he walked up to the guy working for the water company like...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts