close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Would like to Know ?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Sniper 7.62, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

I would like to know who keeps all the shooters honest?
    Take me, I shoot a G23C with a stock barrel so I'm not in competition class and at no time was I asked if I was shooting comp or stock ? So if some dishonest person (not to say that there was or I saw) was to try and cheet how is that person caught ?.

Sniper

2. GJM89

GJM89

It would probably be up to the ROs to notice it, such as seeing that someone is shooting stock class and noticing the comp. cut barrel,and advising whoever is at the match from GSSF.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

4. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Well that is good to know, Thanks all

5. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I can tell you first hand that complaints to the "Higher Ups" at GSSF do more than just get the rules changed.
    Over the last 2 seasons, my stock G17 was taken apart and checked at least 4 different times. Apparently I should not have been able to shoot a stock gun that well.
    I will tell you that the only thing not stock on my gun were the sights. But, after much controversy it was established (as it was prior to me and others using them) that Bomars were/are legal. NO KIDDING, BOMARS ARE LEGAL.

So the guns do get checked, at least for some.

I also while RO'ing at Jackson 2 years ago, spotted, pointed out and reported 2 different people using equipment that was not proper in AmCiv. One had fiber optic sights, the other a match grade replacement barrel. Both were allowed to finish in the UL class with their "stock" guns.
    RO's need to have the knowledge of the rules and guns first of all. Then they need to make sure they "check" the guns as they come through, as well as look at the score sheets to see what class the person is shooting in.