close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

would it be cost effective?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by redbread67, Feb 8, 2012.

1. redbread67

redbread67

Looking around for used 19, found one in rough looking slide. Would you think it would be a good to get the gun and send it off to glock to straighten everything out. Bore appears in good shape.

2. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK

How much?

And what do you mean by "rough looking slide"?

Gen 2? 3? 4?

3. redbread67

redbread67

Gen 3, 325. the slide looks above average wear on the slide. and it is dirty on the inside.

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

By the time you pay shipping and the cost to refinish the slide, you have as much invested as if you purchased many LNIB guns. If they don't even clean it when they want to sell it, it probably wasn't treated very well. Now, if they'd take $250 after you pointed out your concerns . . .

5. tonyparson

tonyparson

Buy it, clean it, inspect it, replace what needs replaced and then go shoot it.

6. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

I've seen 19's in pretty good shape for this price. If it is really in rough shape I'd offer 225 and buy for no more than 250. Then I'd do a DIY slide finish like druacoat or similar.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

It is slightly possible that the only thing the pistol really needs to function well is... nothing. Then a half hour or hour spent cleaning it makes it look better inside. Then if you really wanted to, you could send it somewhere and spend a hundred or two to get the slide refinished. Or you might find it looks acceptable enough by running an oily rag over it. I find that scratches and blemishes in a gun's finish always look much less worse when the gun shoots well.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012