Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this whole mess blows over and I get back to work, I've been thinking about what to buy myself to celebrate when I move out of Maryland and yes Maryland is so bad I need to buy myself a celebratory gift once I leave. I really had my eyes on the PTR32 in a pistol configuration, however I have heard that HKs and HK clones have notoriously long trigger pulls and I don't think you can get an HK trigger too low, at least not the MP5 clone variants. I'd basically want to put in a 3lb flat, or slightly curved trigger. Would I just be better off getting an AK pistol instead?

·
Problem Solved!
2,693 Posts
Alg makes ak triggers. The PTR you will be kinda stuck. I dont know anyone who has modded an HK pack.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
After this whole mess blows over and I get back to work, I've been thinking about what to buy myself to celebrate when I move out of Maryland and yes Maryland is so bad I need to buy myself a celebratory gift once I leave. I really had my eyes on the PTR32 in a pistol configuration, however I have heard that HKs and HK clones have notoriously long trigger pulls and I don't think you can get an HK trigger too low, at least not the MP5 clone variants. I'd basically want to put in a 3lb flat, or slightly curved trigger. Would I just be better off getting an AK pistol instead?
Given the choice I'd opt for the AK/AKM over the PTR32 H&K variant. At least with the AK/AKM you'll be able to use readily available magazines from a kazillion different sources, and both original and aftermarket parts are plentiful and available - and are more varied and less expensive than anything H&K.

I own Zastava PAP M92 and CZ 805 BREN S1P pistols, and they're terrific as is. It's funny that you've brought this up as I'd recently been tossing around the idea of getting one of the PTR32II's myself, but something held me back even though they're inexpensive enough when compared to other rifle caliber pistols like those from B&T. After much consideration I've decided that my next rifle caliber pistol will be an IWI Galil ACE in 7.62x39 without the brace, because I think that the SB brace that comes with them is 'right common and hideous looking besides. I can surely come up with something better for a brace until the form 1 goes out and comes back...

Now I just need to locate one for a decent price ;)

·
Tactically Epic
13,090 Posts
HK parts sells match triggers for ptr clones, but pricier than competing aks.
My ak has a alg which is awesome, and there are others out there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had a PTR 32 gen II carbine.
Stock trigger was easily 10 lbs.
I’d go AK if trigger pull is a primary concern. Lots of inexpensive options, easy to DIY.
Far less options with the PTR trigger pack.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, it looks like I'll get an Ak, but there is a third option I just thought about, but only if I get pretty wealthy since they are ridiculously expensive.That is, the Galil, specifically the Galil Ace Pistol. *Edit* Just realized someone already posted a pic of the Galil lol. I haven't checked the forum in awhile.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Given the choice I'd opt for the AK/AKM over the PTR32 H&K variant. At least with the AK/AKM you'll be able to use readily available magazines from a kazillion different sources, and both original and aftermarket parts are plentiful and available - and are more varied and less expensive than anything H&K.

I own Zastava PAP M92 and CZ 805 BREN S1P pistols, and they're terrific as is. It's funny that you've brought this up as I'd recently been tossing around the idea of getting one of the PTR32II's myself, but something held me back even though they're inexpensive enough when compared to other rifle caliber pistols like those from B&T. After much consideration I've decided that my next rifle caliber pistol will be an IWI Galil ACE in 7.62x39 without the brace, because I think that the SB brace that comes with them is 'right common and hideous looking besides. I can surely come up with something better for a brace until the form 1 goes out and comes back...

Now I just need to locate one for a decent price ;)
I actually liek the brace they come with, so much so I'm putting the same style brace on my 300 bo, jsut so it looks more Galil like lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts