close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Would a aftermarket ported .357 Sig fit a standard Glock34?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Iceman 27, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Iceman 27

Iceman 27

Just trying to work out whether if it is feasible to build a Glock Open Gun in .357 Sig...since we are not allowed to have anything more than .38 calibre...and it seems .357 Sig can have enough velocity to get into major power factor...

The question is, I know you can get those ported barrels for Glock 35, and whether the same barrel would fit a Glock 34?

Thanks in advance...

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

No, the breechface cut is too wide and the OD is larger. Why not just shoot major 9x19?

You could get a 35 with a 357 barrel though.

I would recommend starting with a 17/22/31 though if you are going to comp it.

3. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I agree with Matt...

Reload major9. It's safe enough as long as you don't copy anyone else's data, and always work up your own loads. Use other people as a reference of what powders have made major in their guns, then work something up from BOOK LOADS on your own.

http://home.comcast.net/~twarner21609/files/major9.xls

4. Iceman 27

Iceman 27

Thanks for that...I wasn't sure if you can get a 35 with .357 Sig...because it's not actually listed...

I have been trying to load a 9X19 major but because the Glock barrels even the KKM ones are not fully supported, it seems to be bulging the cases a bit...it will still chamber in the gun after reloading but some wouldn't pass the chamber guage...so wasn't sure if that's ok in the long run...

5. Iceman 27

Iceman 27

Wow, thanks for that link, very nice data...unfortunately a lot of powder are available in Australia...I'll what I can find though...we have those ADI (Australian Defence Industry) powders but the data is not very comprehensive and only have data for 4" barrels...a lot of people seemed to be loading in excess of recommended max loads...I have tried loading up to max loads but still wouldn't cycle the slide with a plated 124 grainer...it doesn't show signs of excessive pressure but it will mean goes over the maximum listed...but then also see the above reply to Matt, the barrel being not fully supported, not sure if that would be ok...

I might try to play with the 9X19 again then...

Thanks for the advise...

6. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

No glock barrels are fully supported. If you are bulging real bad you need to use a different powder or bullet weight.