Glock Talk banner

Worst MRE ever?

12442 Views 90 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  Deltic
I only ate the 90 to 05 MRE's and chicken ala thing was my least favorite. In many ways I preferred the C Rations I ate from 78-82. It seemed to me that the fancier they made the food the less I liked it. My favorite was a ham slice MRE on crackers with cheese and hot sauce.
C ration canned apricots were great on a hot day. The potatoes and beef chunks C rat was nasty when cold ( this was before we were issued any way to heat food). I remember that the first C rat I ever ate was cold canned spaghetti.
Automotive lighting Flash photography Tints and shades Wood Font

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ciBudwIV0
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

· Registered
531 Posts
They supplemented our food during Desert Shield every once in a while with something local that looked like sausages. We were afraid to ask what it was.

· Registered
2,538 Posts
At my first duty station someone in my section got the bright idea of signing out a propane Coleman stove from MWR every time we went to the field. We also signed out a campfire percolating coffee pot to go with it.

1. We ALWAYS had hot coffee which sucked because the Platoon Sergeant lived under our net .

2. We had hot food

3. Best of all at night we'd set up the stove in the tent and run it long enough to heat up the tent then turn it off. No fire guard.

· Registered
79 Posts
The worst MRE to me was something called tortillini. Yuk The absolute worst foot that I ever had in the Army was b rations, especially those green eggs. We called them possum eggs. It was all dehydrated. A really good cook could make it edible but just barely.

· Banned
28,198 Posts
Oh no. This was in the old days when there was no such thing as Jalapeno Cheese Spread. Straight up cheese.
Hmm I started out with 90's brown bags. Swear there was jalapenos cheese, anyways it won over peanut butter regardless.

· Registered
7,723 Posts
I only ate the 90 to 05 MRE's and chicken ala thing was my least favorite. In many ways I preferred the C Rations I ate from 78-82. It seemed to me that the fancier they made the food the less I liked it. My favorite was a ham slice MRE on crackers with cheese and hot sauce.
C ration canned apricots were great on a hot day. The potatoes and beef chunks C rat was nasty when cold ( this was before we were issued any way to heat food). I remember that the first C rat I ever ate was cold canned spaghetti. View attachment 993083

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ciBudwIV0
C-Rats
did U like ham and m'f--kers?
(LIMA BEANS)

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.