close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Worst Company URL's

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockrunner, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

(The top 10 worst company URL's.)
    Attn: Entrepreneurs

Everyone knows that if you are going to operate a business in today's world you need a domain name.

It is advisable to look at the domain name selected as other see it and not just as you think it looks. Failure to do this may result in situations such as the following (legitimate) companies who deal in everyday humdrum products and services but clearly didn't give their domain names enough consideration:

1. A site called Who Represents where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name is www.whorepresents.com

2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at www.expertsexchange.com

3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at www.*****land.net

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at www.therapistfinder.com

5. Then of course, there's the Italian Power Generator companies www.powergenitalia.com

6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales: www.molestationnursery.com

7. If you're looking for computer software, there's always www.ipanywhere.com

8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is www.cummingfirst.com

9. Then, of course, there's these brainless art designers, and their whacky website: www.speedofart.com

10. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at www.gotahoe.com

2. vafish

vafish

When I lived in Australia a co-worker tried to start a "Exchange" service, kind of like Craigs list.

We lived in Alice Springs Australia, so she named it asexchange.au She posted fliers around the base we worked on and on one of them I put some slashes so it read a/sex/change.au. She changed the name of the site and the domain name expired years ago.

3. FireGuy

FireGuy Into The Breach CLM

A friend was responsible for getting the law firm she works for online. They are MOFO.com :supergrin:

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Hello.

This is the Lighter Side. You'll get the same jokes over and over and over and over again here. Based on threadcount, 6/22 was FOREVER ago. ;)

5. vafish

vafish

Not to mention I was out of town on 6/22 and missed the first one.

6. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Hey, this is GT. You snooze, you lose. Vacations are for wussies. ;)

7. nipperwolf

nipperwolf