Worse Than Not Tipping?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Aug 18, 2019.

1. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

Well yeah it noisy, with all those damn gun shots at the restaurant its hard to hear anything.

FullClip likes this.
  2. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

To be fair, in Europe people dont tip much. Just a little bit on top of the bill.

The gratuity is built into the price. It will even tell you that on the menu.

When I was in Paris a a month or so ago, they had two menu prices for a cappuccino. Prix salle and Prix à emporter. This is very common for French restaurants. So it costs less for a to go order than one you have at the restaurant because they add gratuity.

IIRC the price was 2.50Eur à emporter and 4Eur to have there. I had cappuccino while seated.

So, what is a person supposed to do if they are charged a gratuity and get poor service?

This is not about not tipping, but PAYING a tip and then getting poor service.

3. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Hint: If you go to beerfestival in Europe... give a nice tip up front... just like here your beer comes to front of the line...

FullClip likes this.
  4. capnjim01

capnjim01

Good thing he wasn't with the wife and I yesterday he would have gone bat crap crazy.
    It's long story about some of the worse service and worse food we've ever had.

Guess I'll tell it anyway.
    We had just left the funeral home, my wife's mother a wonder lady passed away on Thursday and we were at the viewing.
    Ok were going home and don't want to cook so we decide to get a drink and a salad, we've been eating comfort food a day or to that family and friends brought over. we stop at a chain called Chedders go it late Sunday evening so it's not to crowded and we are seated right way. waiter comes over gets our drink order and leaves.... and he's gone... and he's gone... finanly we've had enough get up and walk out and as we're leaving he comes from somewhere and my wife says to late.

We go to the next place called Fuzzys Tacos order the salad with shrimp, no shrimp sweetie says the 21 year old cashier. Ok We'll have the salad with fish, ok sweetie. What to drink sweetie? Wife has a margarita and i have a draft. Pay our money and wait for the drinks,her you go sweetie, brings me a beer in a goblet and it running over the side so I have to ake a sip will it's on the bar or it will spill. we get our order of chips and salsa there good, how do you mess up chips right?

The beeper goes off and I go to pick up our salads and there's a salad, one salad. I tell the girl it's supposed to be two salads, she checks the tickets and yeah ok I fix the other one. Ok salads comes and we sit a second and go no. The fish smells so strong that we think it's gone bad, call some one over and they say ok we'll get the manager so we wait.... and wait... and wait... I look at my wife and said screw them let's leave. Got up and left vowing never to go Fuzzys Tacos in east Texas again.

5. capnjim01

capnjim01

Good thing he wasn't with the wife and I yesterday he would have gone bat crap crazy.
    It's long story about some of the worse service and worse food we've ever had.

Guess I'll tell it anyway.
    We had just left the funeral home, my wife's mother a wonder lady passed away on Thursday and we were at the viewing.
    Ok were going home and don't want to cook so we decide to get a drink and a salad, we've been eating comfort food a day or to that family and friends brought over. we stop at a chain called Chedders go it late Sunday evening so it's not to crowded and we are seated right way. waiter comes over gets our drink order and leaves.... and he's gone... and he's gone... finanly we've had enough get up and walk out and as we're leaving he comes from somewhere and my wife says to late.

We go to the next place called Fuzzys Tacos order the salad with shrimp, no shrimp sweetie says the 21 year old cashier. Ok We'll have the salad with fish, ok sweetie. What to drink sweetie? Wife has a margarita and i have a draft. Pay our money and wait for the drinks,her you go sweetie, brings me a beer in a goblet and it running over the side so I have to ake a sip will it's on the bar or it will spill. we get our order of chips and salsa there good, how do you mess up chips right?

The beeper goes off and I go to pick up our salads and there's a salad, one salad. I tell the girl it's supposed to be two salads, she checks the tickets and yeah ok I fix the other one. Ok salads comes and we sit a second and go no. The fish smells so strong that we think it's gone bad, call some one over and they say ok we'll get the manager so we wait.... and wait... and wait... I look at my wife and said screw them let's leave. Got up and left vowing never to go Fuzzys Tacos in east Texas again.

6. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

I can't see buying a sammich from a Frenchie actually. Hygiene doesn't seem to be a major concern there. I bet the bathroom soap doesn't get much use.

7. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I wonder if it was a croque or a baguette ?