GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Henny
I think those scratch marks are probably from Kydex. My 31 has been carried exclusively in leather and doesn't show any slide wear. The paint is completely gone from my slide stop.
Kydex doesn't scratch guns, it's the crap that gets in them that causes the scratch. Leather has more give & the grit tends to be pushed into the leather. Get enough junk in a leather holster & it'll scratch up a gun too.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
I got the shiny finish on my G30 when I got it last week....test shot late june 2110. Shop had it for a few months. I'm fine with it, I prefer this finish to the matte one that is out now. No wear marks...LOL. have it in an uncle mikes for about a week...hehe
That's cool, in the unlikely event that I need another Glock I'll look for the slick finish again.
So you picked up a Glock from the future huh? :supergrin: Thats good to know they will still be around.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :rofl:

abraves
Yes, that is good to know. :rofl:

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Kydex doesn't scratch guns, it's the crap that gets in them that causes the scratch. Leather has more give & the grit tends to be pushed into the leather. Get enough junk in a leather holster & it'll scratch up a gun too.
Read Post# 20. I'll even make it easy.

Like someone has said, sand can get embedded, in a leather holster. That's what keeps the sand from scratching the surface, it's down in the leather fluff. Sand, in a plastic holster, is forced up against the gun, like sandpaper and scratches it. That's nothing but my opinion.

·
Enslaved in IL
5,775 Posts
My 2000 manufactured G21 has the slick good finish. It seems impervious to most elements. I wouldnt buy another glock, and I wouldnt sell that one. I love that finish.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I have a 21SF that has wear on the slide. I'm not sure which holster caused this, it's either my kydex one or leather Kirkpatrick Texas Strong Side.

I find this hard to believe after sitting in a Glock armorers class and rubbing the armorer's tool on the slides of the guns (as instructed) without causing any damage!

No, my slide was not dropped, drug behind a car or dropped from an airplane!
My G19 is starting to wear/scratch the same way as yours. I carry mine in a Raven Phantom.

·
NRA Life Benefactor, GOA Life.
209 Posts
My G19 is starting to wear/scratch the same way as yours. I carry mine in a Raven Phantom.
Well it looks like we found the common elements, Glocks, Raven holsters and similar wear marks.

I don't mind the wear on the gun, I got it to use. It's hard to find a good concealment holster that will effectively hold a 21SF with a light and still conceal well. I guess the wear is the price that is paid.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts