Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to find some glocks that have some good wear on them from being carried.I cannot find anything on this.Can you guys please post pics of some worn glocks?
My ole lady scratched the slide today putting the 17 back in the case.She caught the slide on the inner side of the mag where the metal is.So now my g17 has 2 nice scratches in it.I can see it is clearly thru the surface thru the black finish.
I want to match the slide color up but can I do it with a diy kit?my buddy has an airbrush and he is really good at using it.What color best describes the glock factory color in those paints

·
mmm bop
823 Posts
You will most likely not find an exact match, so you're better off refinishing the whole slide.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I wouldn't re-finish it. My 2nd gen Glock 22 looks like it's been drug thru a knothole backwards...I like it thataway.

I wish I could post a pic, but I don't know how. :crying:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I just don't want it to rust.If it won't rust then I don't care but if it will then I need to do something.Anyone have any experience with refinishing their own slide?I would consider the bake on stuff but I don't even know the name of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It won't (shouldn't) rust. The black is just a finish, the metal of the slide has a tenifer process applied that actually changes the metal to a depth. You should be fine. My G30 has plenty of scratches on the slide and wear on the edges from being carried every day. No rust.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here we go story time with uncle Brice.

As usual on a saturday morning I did my normal mall ninja hunting.This time tho I felt like doing it super tacticool style.I got in my cesna and flew over to the local mall.Upon arriving I spotted a group of uber tacticool mall ninjas jumping and flipping in the lot approaching the front door.I jumped out of the cesna with my g17 in my hand.As I proceeded to come down my parachute wouldn't work.

I did the only thing a smart glock owner would do.I put the glock muzzle down and landed on it in the parking lot.The glock took all the damage and I received no harm.I proceeded to backflip to the front door stopping the ninjas who in return roundhouse kicked me and knocked me out.So here I am now with 2 scratches on my glock,a sore head and a cold dortmunder gold in my hand.What a day

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was the best I could do.All I could do was laugh while reading it.
I like character marks so I don't care about it having the scratch.I just didn;t want any rust to come.I will just keep the ole oil on it and watch it.

I tell you what this is a damn shame.I haven't even shot the gun yet and it has character.The gun was originally purchased by a leo then it was refurbed and I got it from the local shop.

·
Girl w/a Glock
4,344 Posts
Don't sweat the scratches. If you keep it for any length of time, TRUST ME, you'll put your own gouges on it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it is gonna happen but i haven't even shot it yet.I think it is kinda funny.She thought I was gonna be mad at her when I seen it.I told her it is ok and I can get it fixed if it needs it.So I can tell her tonight it is ok and no big deal so she can calm down about it.She loves the gun more then me so I can tell her it has character.Kinda like the big ole scar on my head from getting hit by a red brick when I was younger.

Thankyou all I appreciate it.I am a glock noob and am sure I will have more questions in the future.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not hard to find holster wear on Gen1 and 2 but Gen 3 seems to be almost wear proof.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well I tell ya what this 3rd gen has got some wear now!!!
It is all so funny tho.As long as it dont rust I don't care,my grandfathers got an old smith 44mag that is blued and it looks like it has been thru hell.Now that gun has got some character

·
Shellback
5,833 Posts
cgwgun.com does a great job, and it is harder than the original finish, and like 30x tougher than duracoat... They have a special of $52 shipped for slide and barrel... I can't show you mine, because I had it done in satin boron silver (Which they apparently don't do anymore), not black, but they do a couple of different blacks, but I think the closest to the new Glock finish is their Wet Black.... They do a great job.

http://cgwgun.com/centacglock.aspx

order form; https://www.cgwgun.com/g-poform.html

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for posting the link but it is gonna stay the way it is for now unless I get some of the unexpected red devil showing.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I got into a gunfight at Walmart:tongueout:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts