GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
That’s interesting. 148 feet! Looks like it has all sorts of good stuff for divers to do.

·
Registered
900 Posts
4 atmospheres. I would want to see something interesting if I am going to suck up that much nitrogen.

·
Anti-Federalist
18,983 Posts
I had an internet acquaintance that dived Nemo 33 pretty frequently. Just deep enough to do some advance nitrox/deco procedures training. Pools make for boring dives.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Might be fun tossing a roll of penny's on bottom, and letting Polish kids dive for them like we did as kids.

My cousin Ray use to put all his change in a jar, on Forth of July he would dump in his Pool. All the nices, and nephew got to keep what they collected after diving to bottom.

·
Scottish Member
11,452 Posts
Might be fun tossing a roll of penny's on bottom, and letting Polish kids dive for them like we did as kids.

My cousin Ray use to put all his change in a jar, on Forth of July he would dump in his Pool. All the nices, and nephew got to keep what they collected after diving to bottom.
I had an acquaintance from England, living on Grand Cayman. He was kind of a short, somewhat “round” fellow then, and still is. I came through Trinity Caves to the wall at +/- 100 feet, he was below me in the blue water (about 115’) on mask, fins and snorkel.

The Oro Verde had been sunk a few months earlier. He entered the cargo hold entrance (about 50’ deep) and swam through the ship and came out of the bridge door, probably 75-100 feet away - using only MFS.

In his day, Adrian could have probably free dived to pick up pennies in this pool.

He’s the guy in the middle, pic taken in 2013....

Stingray lifetime achievement award (CI Tourism Award).

Reactions: jmontgomery

·
Native Mainiac
20,430 Posts
I did the escape training tower in New London when I was at sub school. Wish I could do it again. Had to use Steinke hoods. Ho-Ho-Ho, Up we go!!

·
Scottish Member
11,452 Posts
4 atmospheres. I would want to see something interesting if I am going to suck up that much nitrogen.
5,4 absolute.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had an acquaintance from England, living on Grand Cayman. He was kind of a short, somewhat “round” fellow then, and still is. I came through Trinity Caves to the wall at +/- 100 feet, he was below me in the blue water (about 115’) on mask, fins and snorkel.

The Oro Verde had been sunk a few months earlier. He entered the cargo hold entrance (about 50’ deep) and swam through the ship and came out of the bridge door, probably 75-100 feet away - using only MFS.

In his day, Adrian could have probably free dived to pick up pennies in this pool.

He’s the guy in the middle, pic taken in 2013....

Stingray lifetime achievement award (CI Tourism Award).
I dived on the Oro Verde back in 2007. It had been pretty badly damaged by a hurricane but we did get to see some barracuda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.