Works great now?

Discussion in 'Desert Eagle Club' started by Taft93730, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Taft93730

Taft93730

[didn't intend the ? in the title, but can't change it]

After modifying the magazines and changing my grip, the DE in .50 works fantastic.

Went to the range to qualify to add it to my CCW license (not a real CCW, but here there are lots of restrictions that are different if you have it on your CCW).

A guy at the counter said "you're shooting 50 rounds with *that*?!" "Sure."

Put 50 holes in the paper.

Instructor asked, "How you going to carry that?" Without hesitation, "Inside waist." He had a good laugh.

The gun worked perfectly, and I ran five different kinds of ammo through it today - Underwood 300 and 325 grain, Magnum Research 350 (pretty smokey and not nearly the recoil and boom of the Underwood), Hornady, and bulk ($1/round) ammo from Cheaper than Dirt.

Maybe learning to shoot this thing is a bit like learning to drive some sports cars at the limit, like don't lift in a 911 in a turn.

The recoil is really not bad. I shot 150 rounds today, plus another 50 in the G29, no problem. I also tried the free hand on wrist (is there a name for that?) grip on the 29, and shot it better, too.

The sound is a big deep boom, not nearly as uncomfortable as a .357 or even a.40. Doesn't have that spikey crack aspect to it.

After 150 rounds of .50, the G29 felt like a small toy.

So, all happy now. I would recommend the magazine mods and grip to anyone having feed issues.

2. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

That sounds like a pain. Where is this?

I just got back from the range with my .50. It's always a popular one.

3. Taft93730

Taft93730

California. Without a CCW, can only transport to and from the range, locked, unloaded, and many places are off limits. So, technically, unless you have a CCW you can only transport a gun home when you buy it and to and from a range or hunting. Can't enter a state park, public building, etc.

The CCW license must list each gun you intend to carry, so as long as you already have the license, you may as well add all the guns you have.