close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Workplace CCW ideas for Glock 30?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wyoguy, Aug 25, 2004.

1. wyoguy

wyoguy Glockaholic

Picked up a Glock 30 about a week ago after a lengthy process of deciding "Which one next?" I currently own a G19 and have owned a G17 and G27 in the past. I love my G19, but this new G30 is working hard on being my primary carry gun. I have purchased a 9 rd mag for primary use and that really helps with concealment.

I am looking for ideas on carying the G30 concealed at work. I wear business casual, usually khakis/jeans with polo shirts. I picked up a new Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker cheap from another GTer and I like it fairly well. I just worry about the waistline bulge and the occasional printing problem. I like the shirt tucker about as well as the CTAC I have for my G19. I actually like having only one clip to explain away.

What other methods are you guys using? Ankle carry? Seems the G30 might be a bit heavy. I would think pocket carry would be out of the question, too. Any suggestions for other tuckable-type holsters?

Before anyone suggests it, a fanny pack is out of the question. They have their place, but I would be laughed out of the office ... and probably scare off some clients!

Let me know how you guys are concealing the G30.

The info I have gathered here has always saved a lot of time, trouble, and money. Thanks!

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

An untucked button-down patterned shirt with a square bottom makes the G30 in IWB disappear.

3. Erich

Erich Millennium Member

Sure, but that would make a Desert Eagle disappear, too. :) I think that might be a step down from the "business casual" to which he was referring, since he's looking at tuckables.

Personally, I've yet to find a tuckable that doesn't make me worry about printing with regular, everyday out-in-the-world movement. SmartCarry, OTOH, works with tucked in shirts, knit shirts, etc. But you want to avoid tight jeans with the Glock (it works, but the protruberance caused by the butt will disturb you, if no one else) - go for those pleated khakis instead.

4. wyoguy

wyoguy Glockaholic

Forgot to mention that I have tried the SmartCarry. I got one and tried it with my G19 and my Makarov. Sent it back in two days. It was PAINFUL. Tried all kinds of positios with it, nothing worked. I don't think the G30 would be much different for me.

After the glowing reviews here, I thought it was THE answer. unfortunately, it wasn't.

I guess I am just impossible to please!

What about belly bands? Anyone have experience with one from a quality manufacturer? Seems like it would give some of the benefits of the SmartCarry without the comfort issues.

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

It's a bit heavy for a belly band.

6. d0truji

d0truji

7. Erich

Erich Millennium Member

Galco makes good stuff, all right. IWBs don't really work for me in anything but casual dress, though.

8. vertigo7

vertigo7

9. Eins36

Eins36 World Citizen

CTAC is a good way to go. Keeps it as thin as possible. Or try UCS. But a slim line gun, like G36 if you need to have .45, makes quite a difference, together with a good (stiff) gun belt.

I found the UCS "rounds out" the bulge a bit better than the CTAC, so it looks more like a part of your hip. It won't tuck, though!

10. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember CLM

Personally I couldn't get a shirt-tucker holster with the G30 to conceal to my satisfaction. True you couldn't actually see the gun, but you sure as hell could see a big bulge on my belt line.

I found that I either had to use an untucked shirt with the G30 and if I have to use a shirt-tucker then I use a Kahr. YMMV

11. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member