close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WORKING Supressed Glock 21 .22 Upper?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by r2kba, Mar 29, 2004.

1. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Anyone have one that cycles??

Looking for my next project, and my Glock21 ( In the aviator to the left ) normally just sits on my duty belt doing nothing, with the occasional felony stop so I'd like to do something with it. Got The can's, just dont know who makes the .22 Upper and extended barrels for them.

;c

ALSO: Anyone done a .22 kit on the Glock 30 ?

2. UZIFORME

UZIFORME

I would not jack with my carry gun changing it's configuration and taking it apart putting it back together all the time, I think that is asking for a malfunction.

Just buy a separate dedicated gun.

3. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Valid point. BUT, It wont be my duty gun for the long term.

4. Tusk

Tusk

5. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

6. r2kba

r2kba Relax

OH.....So there IS enough barrel to thread on those extended versions.........hmmmmmmmmm!!!

I was under the impression that this meant there was not enough barrel mass to thread....

> Can I get an extended barrel with a ½”-20 thread on the muzzle end?

> No. Our barrels are only 7/16” diameter at the muzzle. Also, >California law makes it to difficult for us to offer a “threaded” >barrel. We do offer an extended barrel for the 17-22, 19-23 and 26->27 kits. (NO THREADS).

7. Tusk

Tusk

You ARE going to need an adaptor between the barrel and the can. I got mine from GemTech but other folks make them as well.

8. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

The G21 is a 6 inch KKM barrel.

The G34 is a 17L barrel.

No adaptor needed for SWR cans.

9. Tusk

Tusk

Renegade

He said he's looking for a .22 kit. Of the two that are out there, I much prefer the AA.

Are .22 SWR cans commonly threaded in something other that 1/2 X 28?

10. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Oh yeah, I only read "Glock 21". SWR .22LR can is 1/2x28. I do not have it but a friend does. It works well. I have a TAC65 22LR can, it is inexpensive, and is very quiet. Can't answer any questions about cycling though, I use it on a Walther P22, which is a straight blowback, so it works fine. I imagine the .22LR upper is straight blowback but do not know for sure.

11. r2kba

r2kba Relax

I have two can's, I'm just lookin for the kit, and a barrel to thread. The can dosent create enough backpressure to cycle the .22 kits then as in the normal calibers, hmm.. interesting. How much are the adapters?

12. Tusk

Tusk

r2kba

I don't think I understand your question. The AA kit works fine without the can. Adding a can adds backpressure which, if anything, would enhance the cycling of the slide.

13. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

The cycling problem is a result of Browning actions that cause the barrel to tilt down and move upon cycling, the added weight of the can can interfere with this action. This is why tilt designs often need some kind piston device to aid in cycling. If you look at my images, you can see this device. It is the portion of the can that is attached to the barrel, and is of slightly smaller diameter. On the SWR units, this is an all-in-one unit.

Weapons that do not use a tilt barrel design (straight blowback) do not have this worry. As Tusk says, cans increase back pressure, so it will aid in cycling on straight blowback designs.

14. Tusk

Tusk

OK, after your edit I understand. The adaptor I'm talking about is just a thread adaptor. The barrels are too small to thread 1/2 X 28 so you need an adaptor to fix that. I think Gemtech's are about $50.00 and come with a thread protector. You don't need the Nielson device (recoil enhancer, LID, whatever..) for a .22.

15. r2kba

r2kba Relax

Ok wait a sec........An Adapter on a bbl too small to thread?? Is this some sorta device that slips OVER the barrel and you clamp it there or something?

16. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Too small to thread 1/2x28, which is standard threaded for pistol cans. So they make an adaptor which threads onto the barrel, and provides 1/2x28 threads.

See:

http://www.tacticalinc.com/sup/supadp22-1.html