Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally received my Pact Powder Measure and Scale (after having it ordered for almost 3 months well worth the wait) and worked up some loads for accuracy testing in my G20SF. I’m shooting it with a Lone Wolf Barrel and some my cast bullets (Lee 175 TC). The powder I was using is Blue Dot. I started with 8grs and went up in 4gr increments to 10.4grs loaded 5 rounds each. The group started large and got smaller, smallest was 9.6grs and then started getting larger again. At 9.6grs I had a 1” group with three touching as you can see in the picture (the target is not to scale it’s off of a copy machine). This was from 20 yards. I’m happy with a 1” group at 20 yards but these were at 00.4-grain increments (it might do better). So last evening I loaded another 25 rounds to test at 9.4, 9.5, 9.7, 9.8 & 9.9 to find the best load. Hopefully I will have time this evening to shoot if not it might be next week. :supergrin:

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Nice info. What do you estimate your cost per round with the cast bullets?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice info. What do you estimate your cost per round with the cast bullets?
I paid .50 per pound for wheel weights the bullets are casting around 178 grains that’s around 39 bullets per pound that’s 26 pounds per 1,000 = $13.00 I’m thinking it takes around 2 tubes of lube @ 5.00 per stick. That make’s it 23.00 per 1,000.
THAT’S CHEAP SHOOTIN. :supergrin:
I’m in the process of making some steel plate targets to shoot at close to the ground and hopefully be able to recover a lot of my led (going green) LOL.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. Doing workups and loading specifically doesn't usually get the credit or fanfare it deserves.
Your absolutely right nickE10mm. I learned years ago find the load the gun likes and it makes everyone a better shooter (more fun). Every gun has a velocity it likes with a certain bullet. The hardest one I have ever had to work up a load for was a AR15 I could get it to shoot quarters at 100 yards with Sierra match king 69gr BTHP but no better, switched to Hornady 68 grain BTHP and it would shoot dimes if I did my part. That one wasn't any fun it took over 100 rounds before I got it. Tried another bullet also before going to the said bullets.

·
F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Your absolutely right nickE10mm. I learned years ago find the load the gun likes and it makes everyone a better shooter (more fun). Every gun has a velocity it likes with a certain bullet. The hardest one I have ever had to work up a load for was a AR15 I could get it to shoot quarters at 100 yards with Sierra match king 69gr BTHP but no better, switched to Hornady 68 grain BTHP and it would shoot dimes if I did my part. That one wasn't any fun it took over 100 rounds before I got it. Tried another bullet also before going to the said bullets.
Yep...

Honestly, once you get the whole "velocity is everything" stage, accuracy becomes the main benefit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.