close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Word to the wise.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BamaTrooper, Apr 5, 2007.

1. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!

I failed to catch an RO scoring error and it resulted in one of my hits not being counted. This was counted as a miss and resulted in a 10 second penalty. This caused me to drop from first place to second place in the Guardian division.
    I sure could have used that new gun.:sad:

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Mrs L and I have both been there.

You must remember, that the RO's are volunteers,(and I thank them) that may never have had ANY experience with a GSSF match.

We now try, to remember, to add the sheets both ways (across and down) before we initial them.

3. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Well, I have 2 matches to go to at the end of the month. LA and SC. After that I will probably got to AR. GA, FL, then TX again. My times keep improving, now if I could just get some practice before I go to one of these things, I might be able to pull it off.

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i had a young (14yo) RO cross up two score sheet last year as i was shooting 2 classes at once. Classes were Comp and UL, 2 very differant guns. without the mistake i'd of won Comp by .3 seconds. last year at brighton a RO scored me with something like 3 Cs on 5TG and i told him i didn't think it was right. lucky for me they had changed targets instead of pasted and it turned out i was right. in that case it wouldn't of made any differance, i won either way. over the winter had a RO not record my time on one stage in a USPSA match, didn't really cost me anything but i'd of liked to did better than i did. anyway the point is anyone can screw up and it pays to look at your score sheets.

5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Which was the point of my original thread.
    That being said, at least I got my entry fee back so in effect, it was a practice day at the range. The good thing is that this was my 4th match and I have dropped 35 seconds off my time since the 1st one I shot. Maybe my lucky day will be in 2 weeks at Thibodaux. I just ordered a couple of hundred D1 targets and I have access to steel plates. Now, if I can just find a timer cheap (hint hint wink wink)

6. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Been there done that. Always look them over before signing the sheet.

7. James5m

James5m

What is the policy if you do see a scoring error before you sign off on your score sheet? Most of the time the targets have been pasted so you can't go back and check them. Reshoot?

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

James,

You should go downrange with the scoring RO to verify the scoring.

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

My RO was calling out hits and asking if I agree. It was just a case of him calling but not writing and I made an assumption. No biggie. I learned from it and will be ready for Thibodaux when it gets here.