Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I goes something like this.

Two nights ago I was on patrol and roaming over the city. One of our guys was set up running stationary radar. I see a car coming from the direction of the other officer flashing his high beams to warn other cars that there was an officer up ahead. I see this and I turn on him and initiate the stop for failure to dim headlights within 500'. He stops and I am getting ready to make my approach and I see him turn off his radar detector and GPS. At this point I have already decided that the guy is getting a citation.

I do my approach and touch the trunk lid to leave my prints on the car. I then make contact. When I advise him of the reason he gets defensive. I can tell immeadiatly that this clown is going to complain. I go back run him and right the cite and go back up and issue the citation. He starts to grovel and beg for a warning and I just tell him that he needs to sign the ticket. He signs and I turn him loose.

Later as I am leaving the dispatcher asks who stopped the guy for his brights being on? I said that I had and why was he asking. The dispatcher say that the guy is on the phone and that the guy wants to know how to take care of the ticket. The dispatcher is told to tell him that he needs to call the court and take care of it.

Yesterday I get a phone call from the Sgt who asks what happened on my traffic stop. I tell him and ask why. He tells me that the guy called back yesterday morning and said that I innapropriatly touched his new car(really a rental) because I was jealous of him having a new car. He then says that my back up officer shined his flashlight and looked at his girlfriends legs. The sgt asks who the second officer was and I tell him and it just garners a laugh. The other officer is the last person to do that as he is extremly professional.

The complaint is going to hit a wall but I thought that it was funny.

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,068 Posts
I got one the other night too! High-five!

· IWannaBeSedated
11,306 Posts
It's like basketball, man.

If you don't finish the game with at least four fouls, you weren't playing hard enough.

· Registered
12,429 Posts
I loved those 0-dark-30 stops where the driver was approaching you, forcing you to turn around on them. When you get up to the car, you hear, "You stopped me cause I'm (insert racial minority here).

I would always ask them if they knew what race I was when I passed them. They almost always said no due to my headlights. Most of the time, a light would click on upstairs and they would just get really quite from then on. :supergrin:

· Registered
12,429 Posts
My other favorite was stopping a car at 0300, or so, and have the driver yell, "Why aren't you writing everyone else a ticket that is doing that!" That is when I ask them to look around and count how many other cars were on the road.

Yep, you guessed it. It was just me and them. No one else.

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,068 Posts
Mine the other night: My MDT clicks on with a dispatched Noise Violation at 123 N Ghetto St at 0-Dark 40. Dispatch key up and asks for a phone call. Talk to dispatcher (who happens to be one of my best friends), and she tells me of the guy who has called 911, yelled about a barking dog "somewhere on the neighboring street", cursed at them, and hung up. On callbacks he did the same thing, being a royal *****. So I go to his door to ascertain what his malfunction is, and immediately hear swearing and throwing things upstairs. I try for about 10 minutes, he never comes down, but he does call 911 to complain about having a police offier at his door when trying to sleep.

On the way out, I write a parking violation for dead inspection and dead city sticker on his car, which is also parked illegally.

He was not so much thrilled.

· Registered
4,954 Posts
At least he's getting the service he needs. He does, after all, pay your salary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts