close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WooHoo got through to Milt Sparks

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by abraves, Feb 1, 2010.

1. abraves

abraves

I finally got through to Milt Sparks and ordered two VM2 holsters. I am so stoked. Downside is that they won't be here for about 6 months. I ordered for my 1911 and my Glock. Can't wait.

abraves

2. yellolab

yellolab

I only got 3 more months to go on a Axiom for my Defender and a VM2.

Kevin

3. vmann

vmann Controller

i am waiting too for my vm2...ordered in november...all horsehide, cant wait...

4. abraves

abraves

I got the cowhide. Didn't know which to get so went with the cow. According to their site the cowhide has better lines and detail but the horsehide has blemishes which doesn't bother me. Comfort wise there is probably no difference but I could be wrong.

abraves

5. cmcinc

cmcinc

You will love it. I am on week 21 for my third VM II, hopefully will be here soon.

6. up1911fan

up1911fan

Well worth the wait, they make some damn fine leather.

7. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Just curious about something. I am aware of the MS reputation. Six months is a long time and these things are expensive. Have you seen one in person? You must think this is the 'end all, be all' of holsters. Why?

8. abraves

abraves

I have seen them and have talked to several people I know that have used them daily for a long time and have nothing but good to say about them. As far as the price they are not much more than the Comp-Tac MTAC that gets all the raves and I use them also. $80 vs $110 +/- I can live with. The other thing they have going for them is that if I don't like it I can always sell it and recoup 100% of my money which you can't do with the MTAC. I am not in any hurry as I have other holsters to carry with.

abraves

9. IV Troop

IV Troop

I have been using Milt Sparks gear professionally for almost twenty years now.

They are worth the wait.

10. vmann

vmann Controller

the horse hide to me has a nicer look, little smoother looking and blocks moisture better....if you didnt get full horsehide, they your holster will be make with cow on the front and horse on the back....

i also ordered the kydex clips to see if they would work if i didnt want to wear a belt, or if while wearing a belt it was easy on and off...wont know til i get it...

11. hatidua

hatidua

There have been three of them sold at, or under, MSRP (in new condition) in the past several days on another gun forum.

While I like mine, it's not the end-all be-all (for me) that some hold it to be. It's nice, but it rides a bit higher than I would like and there is a bit less leather behind the hammer than would be ideal (I don't wear undershirts).

12. vmann

vmann Controller

good thing i wont have to worry about the hammer on my 23...