Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Static Nomad
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not be more proud of them. Its going to be tough because the child is mixed race with a congenitive heart defect and will need surgery. But that makes me that more proud that they are taking him in and giving him a decent shot at life. She knows I will be there for her and help in any way I can. Im gonna be a grandpa and have another kid to spoil!!! Yesssss! I'm so happy I can cry! I don't care revoke my man card again. This is wonderful news for me.

·
AKA Fluffy316
2,208 Posts
I could not be more proud of them. Its going to be tough because the child is mixed race with a congenitive heart defect and will need surgery. But that makes me that more proud that they are taking him in and giving him a decent shot at life. She knows I will be there for her and help in any way I can. Im gonna be a grandpa and have another kid to spoil!!! Yesssss! I'm so happy I can cry! I don't care revoke my man card again. This is wonderful news for me.
I am not voting to revoke your Man Card. I think it's awesome.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Nobody will revoke your man card. Real men can have feelings, we only show them for big events like this!

·
Banned
42,102 Posts
Good for them. I was adopted, both brothers and sister were adopted, and one of my cousins was adopted. If we ever decide we want a kid, we will adopt.

:thumbsup:

·
Who u lookin at
225 Posts
Sounds to me like your daughter, son-in-law, and yourself are real stand-up folks. We could use a lot more caring people in the world like you guys. Congrats and thank you for making the world a better place.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
<--- is adopted.

Congratulations to your now-larger family.

I was adopted at almost a year old. I cannot begin to imagine how different my life would have been without the decision my parents made to adopt me.

Growing up, I was told the story of coming home from the orphanage the way other kids are told the story of the day they were born.

I may not have entirely understood when I was little: When i was about nine, an older cousin was teasing me about not really being a part of the family. I told her, "OH yeah? Well my parents picked me. Yours got stuck with you."

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,405 Posts
That's beautiful, congrats Grandpa!

·
Banned
62,270 Posts
One of my children is adopted and of a different race. One of them is biological. Your heart can't tell the difference.

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
'My niece is adopted and of potentially mixed race, (unsure of the fathers, and HER bio mom was adopted, so she wasn't sure), but she's definitely Latina and she was born with a cleft lip/palate. Your family is TRULY blessed.

·
6,997 Posts
I'm adopted.
They will make great loving parents!
Congrats.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
Congrats on the happy news!

First grandchild?

·
I need AMMO!
2,521 Posts
Good on all of yall!

·
Registered
802 Posts
No man card revoking necessary-- You are blessed! Congrats Grandpa!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts