close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Women, and talking.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gallium, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I was on a flight recently, fell asleep about 10 seconds after I hit that window seat. It was a 4hr flight, and I was prepared to sleep for 3h59min of it.

A few minutes after I was in slumber I was awakened by a lady (early 50s) in the middle seat - I had her seatbelt buckle.

Oh, lookit that, I didn't actually have her belt. She then did like a fowl roosting - she preened, patted down her nest, turn, sprawled and finally got settled in.

Then her friend boarded next. Initially I thought they were sisters, based on the same pattern of lengthy settling in.

I kid you not, the chatted for the entire flight - or at least they chatted loud and long enough to pierce thru my in ear buds and wake me a few times.

When we landed at MIA, they said to each other "It was nice meeting you".

I was like :shocked: :wow::faint::wow: :shocked:

:rofl:

2. PBCounty

PBCounty

Well...I guess "early 50's" precludes the obvious question.

3. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

That's allowed where you live?? :whistling:

4. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

And if anything, exacerbates the problem reported by the OP.

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

:supergrin:

Nah. My flight out of MIA.:wow: to the chic in the too tight yoga SUIT (no apparent bra, itsy bitsy teensy string like thing for panties) curled up in business beside me. I would've hit her so hard the plane would have listed to that side AND lose an engine. :whistling:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  6. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

:shocked:

7. Restless28

Restless28

Speaking of women talking...

I now believe it's standard issue for every mother in their 30s to 40s to have a large SUV and a phone permanently attached to their ear at all times when driving.

Who in the hell are they all talking to?

8. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Juan, the pool boy....

9. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

For some of us here, "early 50's" = jail bait!!:supergrin::fred::dancingbanana:

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I read an article that it's a genetic thing... there is actually a medical reason women flap their lips more than men. And no, I am not being funny... if I have time and can dig the article up I'll post it.

11. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

Do not talk to me on the plane. I either want to read or sleep.

12. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

They are talking to some other mother in her 30s to 40s who has a large SUV and a phone permanently attached to her ear at all times when driving. :supergrin:

13. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Women in groups are always nattering on about something or other. Don't get involved unless you need to interrupt to request a sandwich or a cold beverage. :whistling:

14. countrygun

countrygun

I am still trying to figure out the ones I see at our local grocery store with the Bluetooth type thing or a cell phone chatting away. The town has a population of 2,000 (on a very good day). They could probably throw a rock and hit the house if they are talking to a local, if they aren't talking to someone local why not wait until they get home so they can devote their full attention to the conversation?

Nothing like hearing such well considered advice as,

" Hmmm, These pork chops look nice in the small pack but they are much more expensive that the family pack, but I can't see all of the ones in the big pack, OH I wouldn't put up with that, you tell him if he doesn't come home right after work he's going to come home to divorce papers, I dunno, maybe I'll get the bulk pack. I can put what we don't use in the freezer. Now let's see if the bell peppers are any better than last week, No you just tell your sister if that's the way she's going to be, you are not going to the wedding. Look, they're having a sale on toilet paper."

:upeyes:

15. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

This is true.

You can also throw in the 20 something girl in big bug eyed sunglasses, driving a little red Japanese car, steering with her feet and texting/talking while driving up on everyone's rear bumper.

Then you can add the ones who just can't get off the phone long enough to conclude their grocery store checkout transaction and loud talk so everyone can hear about how their day is so hectic and soccer practice is a grind. Kids in tow and running rampant, check out girl exasperated waiting for lady to make payment. Me standing behind her in line like a bronze Adonis stoically checking out her mommy butt, a slight smirk upon my face.

16. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Here's the thing:

Twitter
    Facebook
    Smartphones
    Texting

Are all things that are primarily geared towards women and the ways they like to keep in pretty constant contact and keep tabs on their group of frenemies, ex boyfriends and new men they might be interested in. :rofl:

Sidenote: My mother always advised my sister that if one of her friends really didn't like her husband and was always talking trash about him, 9 times out of 10, it wasn't out of concern, but because more than likely that chick was looking for cracks and angling for a shot at him. Better to lose that "friend":rofl:

Which brings up another string of consciousness thought: If you are having troubles with your man or woman as the case may be, keep that info to yourself. Ya never know who among your cricle of "acquaintances" might just be looking to capitalize on that info. Yes, it can happen to you. It's quite a common way these things start.

Smartphones is the Devil! :supergrin::wow:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  17. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

I hate talking on the phone. Everyone who knows me, knows that. The only person I ever call "just to talk" is my mom, and she complains I don't call her enough. I play Scrabble with her every day on FB, but she still thinks I should call her more than once every week or two. I don't get it.

18. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

A couple of months ago, I almost lost three fingers on my left hand due to that. Soccermombiotch blows through a parking space and almost clips my door and hand.

19. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

Women talk allot. Is this a new revelation? :whistling: