close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

women and salsa

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eaglesfan55, Apr 7, 2010.

1. eaglesfan55

eaglesfan55 (>'-')>

so today i go to the grocery store because i was having a hankering for some salsa. and i get to the store and there was a lady walking up a step or two in front of me. i kind of speed up and open the door for her and while im holding it open she looks at me in a way that i thought my nose had fallen off. she was not happy. as we get out of the doorway she looks back over her shoulder and shoots me another dirty look.

i go to the salsa isle and realize that i can either get generic, tostitos, or chi-chis. needless to say im very disappointed at this point to the point of walking the isle twice because i kept telling myself 'there has to be something worth a damn here' but i was wrong.

so.... what the hell is wrong w/ women and does anybody have a good salsa recipe.

2. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

3. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

I love fresh homemade salsa. doesn't deserve to share the same name as the stuff sold canned in the store. Don't have an recipes though.. sorry.

Men don't open doors for women around here.. if you go out of your way(ie be a gentleman) some women seem to think your being a creep... i guess?

4. fgutie35

fgutie35

One good size avocado, one bar of Philadelphia cream chesse, three green tomatoes (fresadillas), and about five serrano chile peppers and one small white onion. Depending on your tolerance to spice, you can add or delete pepper amount, but five in my opinion, is for "gringo" recipe.:supergrin:

In a small pot, boil the tomatoes, onion and peppers (cut onion and tomatoes in four for faster cooking). Once their are soft, then put them into a blender(add a little of the broth from the pot). Then put in the cream cheese bar and the avocado (without the peel and the bone). blend for about a minute, then add about 2 tsp of salt and more broth if you want a more watery consistency. Blend again and pour into salsa bowl and enjoy.:supergrin:

5. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

6. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

If I posted every time a woman gave me a dirty look, I'b be buying a new keyboard every week.

Don't give her a second thought.

7. farley45

farley45

Blend up a big can of chopped/diced/whatever tomatoes.

Throw in some chopped up purple onion, chopped green chiles, chopped jalopenos, and a lot of chopped cilantro.

Mix that up and add some salt and some lime juice.

Throw it in the fridge for a couple hours and you're in business.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  8. dammechanic

dammechanic

Onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and as many peppers as you can stand. salt to taste. In fact all ingr. are to taste.

9. happy seal

happy seal

She knows your an Eagles fan! :supergrin:

10. dammechanic

dammechanic

Damn Farley, you beat me to it. Very simple.

11. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I encountered the same woman twice at work, one day.

My father was a stickler for good manners. So I opened the fire door to the stairway (it was HEAVY) and held it for the woman. She gives me a s**tty look and says "I don't need someone to open a door for me, I can do it myself!.

Swear this is true. Meet her again same place, same day. I was the first through the door and she almost missed it when it closed. I said "you can open it for yourself. She was cussing me out.

She didn't like it either way.

12. DriBak

DriBak GUNS UP Millennium Member

Cilantro is the key
    Fresh tomatoes, white onion, jalapenos and a little salt, blend and enjoy with a cold Red Beer (beer of choice, lime juice and clamato)

13. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

She'd prolly just got cropdusted.

14. PatinAz

PatinAz

Two words you should have said to the woman in a mild, yet get-some-attention voice, one which I have used for rude people also, YOU'RE WELCOME.

15. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

six roma tomatoes, six jalapenos, six serranos, 2 habaneros(if you are tough enough--be veryyyy careful hanlding habaneros) & half of an annaheim pepper. Half of a large white onion & add salt (dependent on which chips you like), Garlic powder, blend in blender & let sit for an hour. You can substitute a large can of tomatoes for the fresh ones & it will last in a fridge lots longer. Fiery but if you wanted plain salsa, why make your own, right?

You only use half the anaheim because it will tend to make the sauce "sweet" or does to me, anyway. Half is just enough. Too much salt & very salty chips starts taking away from the flavor as well so salt according to your chips.

I've made gallons of this, it goes over pretty well at the firestation. If no one likes it real hot, leave out the habaneros.

MLM

16. eaglesfan55

eaglesfan55 (>'-')>

yeah this is 'skins territory

hmm i think ima try this tomorrow. ive never heard of an anaheim pepper, does it have another name or is there another pepper than can replace it?

17. Tubb1984

Tubb1984

Wish I had a good homemade salsa recipe to share with ya ... but I just use the store stuff. Yeah, I'm lame.

As for that rude lady, women like her really piss me off. If a man opens a door for me, I always make a big point to look him in the eye, smile, and say "thank you." It shows that he is a respectful, courteous guy with good manners, and I always appreciate that.

I guess some women think it a massive blow to their womanly pride to acknowledge a man who goes out of his way to show them some respect. That's pretty unfortunate, in my opinion.

18. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Y'know, for all the hippies here and man-haters, I don't recall any woman ever taking offense at me holding the door for them, or for standing when they enter a room. I think that deep down, they do appreciate it and like to feel special, even if they try and give their outward appearance of perennial anger.

19. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

I open for the door for ladies just because its polite, I mean if some one is coming in behind you I think it would be rude to let it shut. When a broad tells me something snooty like that, I just smile and say "You have a nice afternoon/evening" (or day depending on what time it is) I have yet only once in my life dealt with a really rude broad, but no biggie i figure she was probably on her rag or something :dunno: I gave up trying to figure out women, I have been married for 7 years and still dont get it. Just do the best you can, some will appreciate it others wont.

Also about the salsa, Tomatos, cilantros, onions. avocados, lime juice, Serranos, chop up, mix up, sprinkle a little salt and enjoy...........Good salsa does not need to be fancy, hell you can even make your own. Thats right go to the grocery store one day you have an afternoon get alittle bit of every thing peppers, tomatoes, onions, and experiment. Make your own according to you.......You'll be surprise how good a plain salsa is if its fresh.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  20. Zonny

Zonny

Only women make good salsa :tongueout: